HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 05:35 PM
youngfart
Typical Buck

Unhappy

Funny Guy Shawn
It actually warmed up to the mid 80's today and the afternoon was awesome spent floating the river here. The fall colours were splendid as they were on my sit this morning. 1st time in the stand I put up for my friend that can't erect a stand himself. Well neither of us have sat here since I put it up and the sign was incredible when I found it after the rut last year. The TC showed the deer were using the trail in the morning on there way to the bedding area. Trail cam said they were using it from 6:30 till 11:45 in the morning.
Got on stand at 5:45 am and it was like walking in broad daylight with the full moon shinning brightley. The winds were out of the west and thats what I needed. 7:20 brought the sound of the breeze picking up and a wind shift to the south, not a good sign,wasn't 5 minutes till I heard the sound of deer blowing and then silence. So that ended my hunt as all was silent for the rest of the morning,at least they didn't see me,so the stand should be productive on future hunts.
Get to change my SD card tomorrow to see if anything is chase able on that property. Had 3 150 bucks staying around most of the winter last year,but all have failed to make a showing this year. Be safe and God Bless folks.
Rocky