2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"

Old 09-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Blake
How do you like the Tekan broadheads? I've had them in my quiver for 5 years now and have never had a complaint, 3 are Montec's and 2 are Tekans. I mostly have used the Montecs for under 30 yard shots but have used the Tekan on longer shots and have had complete pass throughs and good blood trails. Took my bull Moose at 62 yards with them last year.
Rocky
Old 09-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

love them! i only started using them last year, but i ended up using the same head on my 3 archery deer, it got destroyed on the third, but thats because i hit spine, and he was a big mature buck!
they stay pretty sharp even after going through an animal!

the other two deer were complete pass-thru's
Old 09-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

Angry

Had My 1st Sit Tonight
Well I got into my stand at 5pm and before I went up I put up my TC. Well it was an uneventfull night to say the least. It was almost dark and I decided to get a picture of my TC with my camera and as I was taking the picture ,guess what walked into my veiw finder. LMAO a doe so I took the picture anyways and ,dang flash was on, oh well she didn't even flinch and took a couple more steps and turned around and came back across.
I got up and drew and was about to release when I noticed her ear flinch and saw the little 4 inch stickers on each side . Almost waisted a buck tag and just about got 8 inches for the team. Wow ,that would have been nice huh! Good thing I was paying attention.Anyways as I went down to check the TC it was on off. Good thing I checked that to huh!!!!!! Talk to you's tomorrow guys and Gal
Rocky
Old 09-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

it always could have been worse! like you could have shot that buck because you thought it was a doe, or you could have left your trail cam off!
hopefully your next sit will be more successful
Old 09-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Our season here in KY has been in for over a week, and I've yet to go out. Its just so dang hot, and work has been pretty heavy. I will finish hanging stands in IL this week and hopefully get in on a few Wood Duck hunts. Then its just hurry up and wait for cooler weather or Oct. 1, whichever comes first. I have finally started getting some decent bucks on the cameras, but every buck is showing up in the middle of the night. Still in velvet and still bachelored up. We did get a decent 4 inch rain this past week, which was timely as we just finished putting out our final round of food plots. Good luck to those of you already hunting.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

iOnly 4 more days till my season starts!

planning on dove hunting on wednesday and thursday though!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Dove hunted a couple days last week with a couple buddies and did pretty good both days. Waiting for season to open still here in IL, waiting to get to WI. No time in sight anytime soon, getting married this weekend, honeymoon next week, closing on a house the week after, and running a business through it all, and full time school load on top of that. Deer hunting is first on my mind and last for the amount of time that I have leftover for it.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Spike

Hi guys...just got back from our bear hunt in Canada last night. Congratulations Captain Rocky....and good choice for a name.

No bear for me this year but it sure is scary fun.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

Red face

Hunting Boy
Dang HB ,you have your hands full ,LOL sounds like me when I was young, best of luck on your endevours, and welcome back Ladysedge and thank you for your support. I'll try my best to serve our team as Captain. Where about's in Ontario did you hunt? I was born and raised in Niagara Falls Canada. You didn't harvest your bear but I'm sure you came home a better huntress from the trip. How were the Black flies? LOL
Rocky
Old 09-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Unhappy

" />See if this works, trying to upload a TC pic of the buck I would love to arrow this year.
Rocky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.