2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"

Old 10-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Spike

well team, this am was my first sit, and i got it done. shot him at 1030, and waited till 330 to recover him. i havent shot a buck in 12 years so i decided to take this one as he looked to be a fighter. he busted off his g1 and g2 i believe. he wont win any contests, but im proud of him!! ill get him scored and pics posted in a few days, im off to pa in the am to hunt birds! good luck to everyone!

ps, i always wanted to shoot one on halloween day, so that was another factor. i all ready took the rest of the month off, so im gonna be kinda bored!!

Last edited by lumpie; 10-31-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Lumpie
Congrats on a feat well done, I passed on a little 120 buck last nite , I rattled him in at 6pm and actually got caught of guard with out noticing him till he was 20 yards away. I drew and let off, man the pre rut isin't even here yet!! Awesome job Lumpie,can't wait to hear the story.
Rocky
Old 10-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

Nice work Hammerman and Lumpie!!!
way to get it done!

hammerman, what river is that? thats a great picture!

and to report on my weekend of hunting... saw 4 or 5 deer the whole weekend.... biggest one was huge though... probably about 4 inches tall, spike... next weekend they've gotta start moving around here, seemed pretty slow this weekend thats forsure!
Old 10-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by lumpie

ps, i always wanted to shoot one on halloween day, so that was another factor. i all ready took the rest of the month off, so im gonna be kinda bored!!
Congrats!

I was hoping i would get it done also on halloween... I got a nice halloween buck last year, but not luck for the repeat

heres a picture of my halloween buck from last year
Attached Thumbnails Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"-e8490deace30.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go guys. Our rut has not even started here yet. the small bucks are doing some chasing but the big boys are not active yet.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer are annoying!!!!

I was out huntin on saturday and i didn't see a thing but as soon as i drive out i see 4. Just my luck
Old 11-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Score & pic is up in the score card thread.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

nice hammerman
and a fantastic buck that i forgot to previously mention
Old 11-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the avatar work. Its great.
Glad to see some deer are starting to fall for Team 1.
I did hunt yesterday, finally, and saw smaller bucks kicking up the action. I had a little basket 8 that was going nuts. He'd wander off and I'd hit the horns and he'd come right back. We did that 3 times, before he found something else to occupy his time. I lost count of the scrapes I found...they were everywhere, but not many big rubs. I'm guessing the big boys are still waiting. I did manage to get a few pics of a couple shooters on the cameras. I'll be on daddy duty the rest of the week, but next week I will start hitting the stand a little harder.
Good luck
Old 11-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

Lightbulb

Shawn
Good luck on the daddy duty bud,LMAO ,bin there done that now it's Grandpa duty and that means weekend sleep overs. Enjoy them while you can,they grow up so fasttttt!! I'm sorta in the same
boat you are in,in not being able to hunt.
My next sit won't be till Remembrance Day.Then the rut should be going or close and then I'll sit all day Thursday,Saturday and Sunday, I better have some venison on the ground or I'll be ticked. Good luck folks and be safe.
Rocky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.