Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"

Old 11-04-2010, 04:49 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like I wont get out till Tuesday. But I will be taking the whole next week off leading up to gun season in IL. I will hunt everyday then. And it looks like its shaping up to be a good week.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Happy Birthday Blake

I saw it was ur B-day on the botom of the main page so anyway
Happy Birthday
Old 11-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by _zink_
I saw it was ur B-day on the botom of the main page so anyway
Happy Birthday
thanks! went out goose hunting this morning, only one shot and it was a far one.... didn't connect... then duck hunting this afternoon.... no shots

but other than that it's been a good day!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Spike

Well team, heres my story! Halloween was my first sit, and i made it out and got set up in the same tree i shot a doe out of last year. I didn't really see alot of movement, just a couple of doe's early on. I told myself i would sit till 1030, and then head out for some lunch. I checked my clock at ten, and decided i would stay till eleven. At 1030, i turned my can over twice and grunted a few times. I set everything down, and looked up only to see a deer headed right for me! I picked up my bow, and was quickly disheartended to see it was a 4 point. However, i quickly caught a glimpse of another deer trailing the 4 point, only a much larger body. The 4 point passed by at 20 yards, and after catching glimpses of the 2nd deer, readied myself for a possible shot. When the 2nd deer came around the pine tree, I was at full draw and decided after a quick look to try to harvest this buck. I decided that as soon as this buck stopped i would release an arrow. One problem, when i thought he was stopping, i sent the arrow only to have him take one last step. I saw the arrow hit about 6" behind the shoulder, and heard it hard on this buck. He mule kicked and ran 40 yards only to stop and stand for ten minutes!! I could literally see this buck's horns and body shaking hard. I kept repeating "anytime now he will fall over". Well he didnt, I turned to look at another deer approaching below me, only to look back and see a large bush that was next to my buck topple over and then 4 footsteps. I ranged my arrow which was laying on the ground at 14 yards. I sat till 11, and then climbed down and looked at my arrow to find one speck of blood, fat, whitebelly hair and a green substance on my arrow. I was 90% sure i had put a good hit on this deer, but the arrow said different. I opted to back out and wait till 330 to try and recover him. At 330 with the help of my uncle i went back and I went directly to the bush where i had last seen the buck, only to not find him there. My heart instantly sank, only to instantly jump out of my chest as my uncle who was below me started yelling that i had got him!! Well to shorten this up, i had hit the buck hard, only to have my arrow enter his right side, turn 180 degrees, and exit down by his cojognes! Hence why my arrow had all different indicators on it! This buck is not my best, will not make record books, but I'm proud of him! I have always wanted a Halloween buck, and this fighter fits my wishes! I will get him scored later this week, and post the results. Good luck to all still hunting, it will only get better from hear on out!
Attached Thumbnails Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"-img00004-20101031-1623-1-.jpg  
Old 11-05-2010, 04:52 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Hey Lumpie
A huge slap on the back buddy,congrats to you for not pushing him right away and an awesome looking buck at that. Hat's off to you my friend. Stand has your stamp till something changes the course of the property. Good luck if you still have tags to fill.
Rocky
Old 11-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Lumpie! that buck has a really cool rack, is that right side tine broken? or just "paddled" either way he has a lot of character! way to go!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Man u guys wish my brother was on this team.
he just shoot a 23 pointer scored 250
Old 11-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by _zink_
Man u guys wish my brother was on this team.
he just shoot a 23 pointer scored 250
Man law- pics or it didnt happen!!!!

i was out all weekend, bucks are moving everywhere passed on a few nice 8's, nothing too big came in close enough, was able to see one through the woods that i would guess about 150

my dad shot a nice 9 we have on camera tonight, going back tomorrow to look... sounds like he got a lung, bright red blood, and a mule kick... hopfully we'll find him!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Iowa buck down

Well guys I have one for the score board. Shot him last nite waited 4 hrs and went back and found him within 40yards of where i last seen him.
Heres a picture of him taken this am. Not the best picture but it is the best I have. I will get a score and story up later today. He should gross in the 150's I think.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"-2010-archery-buck-002.jpg   Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"-2010-archery-buck-004.jpg  
Old 11-08-2010, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

Talking

CamoKenny
Hey Kenny,that's a fine 4x4 or does it have a 5th on the right,the picture is pretty blurry.Has some good mass too, congrats on a great buck teammate, now if I could only get out and get some time on stand. Have to wait till Thursday.
Rocky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.