Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 09-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

Well I'm going to check out my new land on Sunday morning. Hopefully it will be a nice little addition. I also have to put the steps back on my hang on, I might hit that opening morning. I have 3 land choices so I'm up in the air about which to hunt. Tough decision either way.

If you all get time, don't forget to add the team avatar as your avatar
Old 09-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Captain, good luck on the scouting, I am sure it will bode well. Let us know what you come up with and if you have any pictures to post. I am in the process of moving to the new place this weekend, got screwed by the moving comapny, but no sense in bitchin bout it here. I am going up tommorow to check cams and this weekend sometim take the quad up and scout some, I will let you all know what I find. I do have an ethical question that I am going to ask to all.

I am making this move, I was at work today so the lil woman and her mom were moving things back and forth, as was the moving company.I was told by the landlord that he di allow a neighbor to hunt there but I could kick him off if I wanted to. Well apparently this neighbor showed up today pulled in and asked if they were "moving the old lady out" and the guys come from company said they were moving people in, a lady, so his repsonce was "one old lady out another in, I hunt this land" and left. Well, I know I was not there and was not part of the conversation, so I dont know the details or attitude of the conversation but to me, it just rubbed me wrong. If I were him, I first of all, would have taken the time to introduce myself to the new resident, not the moving company, state that I have been hunting the land and asked for permission to continue doing so.
My initial reaction when I was told by the landlord that someone hunted there and I could remove him, was that I wouldnt do that, especially so close to season, I know what it takes to find land and I know the time it takes to invest in a good year.
To me, and again, I wasnt there I was at work, this seemed to be a very arogant guy that basically didnt give to ****s less.

How would you all approach this as I have never kicked any one off land and I dont want to make bad neighbors but I will if I have to.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Damon that guy sounds like a you know what. Maybe talk to him and see what he says, then if he gives you a problem you have the trump card and I wouldn't be afraid to use it. Good luck and keep us posted.

I'll keep you updated as to what the land looks like in person. The satalite image I posted a few pages back.

Sept 15 is right around the corner now
Old 09-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

headed to Kansas this weekend to chk cameras for the last time till season, all the corn is cut, hopefully some have come out of the stalks...will post some for our team...here is a couple from my spot in arkansas...cool pic of shedding velvet.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:04 AM
Typical Buck

Can't wait to see what your Kansas cams show, should be pretty nice. The deer you have in Arkansas are nice as well. Sounds like you have some pretty good prospects this year. Can't wait to see what you put on the ground
Old 09-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Guys just a reminder about the rules. All new contest members as well as us returning members should read over them.

Remember: The picture is most important. The picture must be of the whole deer or as near to it as possible. (field dressing is okay) If the coyotes ate your buck, take a picture of what you were able to recover. The bow MUST be in the pictures.

Also it must be your first buck killed and the pics must be available in a timely manor. If for some reason you have a problem please let me know so I can let the other Captains know that we have a Buck down, but it still needs to be on the board.

Please see the link below for scoring information
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010...est-rules.html

Lets have fun this season and I look forward to a Championship!!!!

Matt
Old 09-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Just scouted my new piece of land I think this will be my opening morning spot. I did jump up 4 deer, at least one doe couldn't tell what the others were. Below is a pic of the land and the trails as well as the best trees i could find. I plan on hunting the site at the top left of the field. This site has a lot of traffic coming and going to the corn field. The tree is surrounded by trails giving me a 20 yard shot for all the main trails. I have no idea who else hunts the surrounding areas but I'm sure I'll soon find out. One good thing is that I didn't find any tree stands or lanes cut.
Attached Thumbnails Team "10" Most Wanted-1.jpg  
Old 09-06-2010, 05:49 AM
Spike

Here's an updated picture of this buck I'd like to get close to. I think he will go in the 170 range. Velvet always seems to make them look larger. He is a big bodied rascal that's for sure.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

Your right he has a huge body. And that rack is what dreams are made of. I'm pulling for you.

Went to my other property and put the steps on my lockon. While doing it I did see one Doe. Sept 15 is fastly approaching
Old 09-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys still showing some good news in kansas...all the buck so far sticking around..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.