Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 10-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by berettaguy17
Went out this morning and poked me a decent sized doe. Man i love them Rage 2-Blades. I easily walked the blood trail was the biggest i have ever seen. Not a yearling but also not a big mature one. the first wound picture is exit and the last pic is entry.
Great shot, that's meat in the freezer. Way to go!!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Come on team I got the ball rollin...lets knock them down...went out tonight..bucks doin a lil checkin out on the ladies.... good luck guys...
Old 10-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Spike

Hey guys just checking in. Got all the does killed. I'm on the prowl for the biggun now. I seen a goodun the other night but he was just too far out.

Quick story guys and please read this.

I was hunting on Monday night in a new stand that my buddy hung. I get crawled up and put my harness around the tree and put my bow hook up and get my stuff hung up. I'm glassing a little before I sit down to see whats goin on really. I turn to sit down and the ratchett strap holding the ladder stand in breaks and the stands falls out from under me all the way to the ground. I swung out and my body harness did its job. I only dropped about a foot and was just hanging there. I managed to get climbed onto a branch and make my way down. I got to the ground and stood the stand back up. I always carry new straps in my backpack so I got one out and rehung the stand. I got situated in it and managed to kill a doe out of it about an hour later. Wear your harness fellas. I don't know any of you guys personally but I can imagine most of you have families and little ones and other things in life going on. Please don't let a preventable accident happen to you. I'm living proof that they work.

Now onto deer hunting. I plan to hit it hard this weekend. I have a couple different spots scouted out and the bucks seem to be on their feet a little more lately. Good luck to you guys this weekend. Hopefully someone will be checking in with some bone on the turf!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

BigSugar - Glad to hear you had your harness on buddy!! Tell you what, that's a good eye opener for me... I'm very good about putting on a harness when I'm in a hang on - but NOT all that good when I'm in a ladder stand - I have just always felt safer - but again, your expierence points to playing it safe ALL the time....

Had a great sit tonight! Even though I didn’t have a deer within several hundred yards….. I saw a fair amount of deer including a couple of bucks piling into a hay field about half a mile from my stand… No real way to setup on them on their way to the field so I’m thinking about taking my ground blind and decoy and setting up next to one of the round bales in the field… Figure I shouldn’t spook them to bad even if things don’t go to plan AND even if that’s the case, I’ll just push them towards the cover around my other stands….
Old 10-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

BigSugar, Glad to hear you are OK. I too wear a harness and I hope everyone else does the same. It only takes a second to put it on, and should be always worn. I don't even feel safe without having it on anymore, and to me it's as important as taking your release with you when entering the woods.

Sounds like the deer are starting to move and I'll be out in the morning, so I'll have a report tomorrow for everyone. Good luck to everyone going out this weekend.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, same here Big Sug, glad you were wearing it man! I know I fell out of the tree last year, right before I hooked in and it was scary as hell. Luckily I went ass first and landed in the crotch of the tree, got some major azz cheek burn but I will take that over the alternative any day!

Went out this morning and sat, nothing. Iam going to do a little scouting in awhile, appears the pattern has changed now that the weather is cooling down and the crops are off.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

A very close call Damon, thank god it wasn't worse.

Well I saw 5 doe today, no bucks. The weather was great but very windy (20+), We will try our luck again next weekend.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

Went out yesterday morning (Saturday), it was nice to finally have some temps in the 40's. Hunted at the refuge, didn't see any deer. Thought I was going to get a shot at a coyote, but he zigged instead of zagged. Will try again Tues evening. Good Luck All!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had some movement around my stand last night but couldn't see what it was... Saw some brown flashes at 60-70 yards - just didn't come my way... A buddy shot a decent 5x5, so with any luck things will start to pickup....
Old 10-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

Hey fellas.. Went out this weekend and saw nothing but does and small bucks til the last night on stand when I watched a nice buck hit a scrape up on the ridge about 20 yds from one of my stands! haha luck of the pick there.. Plan on headin back out this weekend to hit it again! so far its been slow.. but I did hear bad news this weekend.. apparently there were around 7 bucks found dead on or surrounding our ground this year.. one of which I am almost sure is panty dropper.. very saddening but gotta keep on movin foward... Will keep you updated!! Keep at it boys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.