HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team "10" Most Wanted
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Damon
Fork Horn

Hey Captain, good luck on the scouting, I am sure it will bode well. Let us know what you come up with and if you have any pictures to post. I am in the process of moving to the new place this weekend, got screwed by the moving comapny, but no sense in bitchin bout it here. I am going up tommorow to check cams and this weekend sometim take the quad up and scout some, I will let you all know what I find. I do have an ethical question that I am going to ask to all.

I am making this move, I was at work today so the lil woman and her mom were moving things back and forth, as was the moving company.I was told by the landlord that he di allow a neighbor to hunt there but I could kick him off if I wanted to. Well apparently this neighbor showed up today pulled in and asked if they were "moving the old lady out" and the guys come from company said they were moving people in, a lady, so his repsonce was "one old lady out another in, I hunt this land" and left. Well, I know I was not there and was not part of the conversation, so I dont know the details or attitude of the conversation but to me, it just rubbed me wrong. If I were him, I first of all, would have taken the time to introduce myself to the new resident, not the moving company, state that I have been hunting the land and asked for permission to continue doing so.
My initial reaction when I was told by the landlord that someone hunted there and I could remove him, was that I wouldnt do that, especially so close to season, I know what it takes to find land and I know the time it takes to invest in a good year.
To me, and again, I wasnt there I was at work, this seemed to be a very arogant guy that basically didnt give to ****s less.

How would you all approach this as I have never kicked any one off land and I dont want to make bad neighbors but I will if I have to.