Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 08-26-2010, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

What you cant see is the creek running off to the west the pretty much goes all the way to the road and with this map there arent alot of details showing swamp. In the N.W area of the map you will see a small clearing, about 50 yds to the N is where I seen the deer were coming from the River (far north on property) and up through the swamp, this is one place I put a cam.
The other cam is located to the W of the house about 25yds in from the edge of the CRP which is near the creeks end and a nice dry small ridge.

Where you can see the larger opeining I seen a couple of stands back there, this is I am assumming, where the estate folks hunt. I have yet to talk to my neighbor as I havent seen him, but I am going to find out if any bowhunt.So what I have tried to do, in case they do, is stay out of that area and focus more on the areas to the west and north.

Check it out and any feedback is welcome.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like a very nice piece of land. I like the spot up near that big field where you found the tree stands. Guess there is a reason they're there. Can't wait to see what appears on the cams.

I still have 2 areas to scout, both new lands for me this year. I should get out this weekend to take a look around.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

Just as a reference here are the totals from the past 6 years winners.

2009; 734 2/8
2008; 850 2/8
2007; 866 1/8
2006; 794 7/8
2005; 849 4/8
2004; 637 2/8

100" from each person is an easy victory!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Here is my new spot I just picked up. the owners house is just next to the "ballon" His property butts up next to the fields on the west side and ventures well into the hardwoods directly north and east of the house. He wants me to take a bunch of Doe out as well, he is tired of them laying around in his yard and walking in his driveway when he is trying to leave his house. Maybe it will be a good year to video tape
Old 08-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Here it is
Attached Thumbnails Team "10" Most Wanted-1.jpg  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kreagerm
Here it is
Good luck!! Sounds like you should have some decent hunting based on what the landowner is saying....
Old 08-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Damon

Check it out and any feedback is welcome.
There has to be some pretty sweet spots in an area like that! Always tough to tell from an aerial pick of course, but if I was hunting it, here are some areas that I would check out.... Not sure if all those areas you can hunt - but here you go....
Attached Thumbnails Team "10" Most Wanted-land.jpg  
Old 08-27-2010, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the feedback SDH. I am able to hunt those areas and when I get back up there with a 4 wheeler I will take a look around them. One of the paces I was looking at where a can is set is just to the North & center of the two circles you have identfied on the west.

I am very interested to see what i picked up on cam over this week. I am going up Saturday and will check them. I will let you all know if I had any luck.

Thanks again.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

BTW.How were you able to edit and add the markings?
Old 08-27-2010, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Damon
Thanks for the feedback SDH. I am able to hunt those areas and when I get back up there with a 4 wheeler I will take a look around them. One of the paces I was looking at where a can is set is just to the North & center of the two circles you have identfied on the west.
It's funny you say that, because I was looking at it again and it almost looks like that area could be a 'spoke'.... I would certainly check that area out and see if you can find a bunch of trails intersecting....

I hit "print screen" then went into the program Paint, made the markings and saved the image locally on my computer then uploaded it into my post...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.