2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 16 - Rack Addicts

Old 10-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't wait. We have our bows back and it feels like opening day all over again. We sighted them in and they are dead on at 25 yards. We will be going out in the morning. I will be hunting over this scrape. Not only did we see this buck at the scrape but we seen several smaller ones and several does peeing on these scrapes and smelling the licking branches. That is what I really like to see. Another week or so from now this scrape area will be the hottest spo tin the woods. Here are a couple pics of who we call The Coon Buck.
Attached Thumbnails Team 16 - Rack Addicts-scrapes-10-22-10-130.jpg   Team 16 - Rack Addicts-scrapes-10-22-10-131.jpg  
Old 10-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Nice looking deer!! Well I went out this morning.. Didn't see much of anything more than a doe and button buck, but my buddy was sitting on the next ridge over and had 2 bucks under him and 4 does.. The bucks were chasing them hard, guess the rut is getting closer than I thought with these cold nights.. Well I came home to watch a half of my Mountaineers play today, so as soon as it's halftime I'm heading back out..
Old 10-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Well it has been a very uneventful week in the woods. The only good thing about this week is that I got some good in season scouting in. I am glad I did! I found two areas just riped by bucks. Scrapes and rubs in these two areas. That will get my mind back in the game!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out this evening and I seen a few. My buddy was also out on the same property I was hunting on and he shot the 9 point that I called The Off limit 9. He looks to be about a 3 year old, possibly a 2 year old. I was hoping this buck would make it at least 1 more year but he fell to my buddy's arrow. That's why I called him The Off Limit 9. My son will probably get out in the morning but I probably won't be getting back out until Monday or Tuesday evening. Monday night is the last night I will be working for about 3 1/2 weeks. So, I will be putting alot of time in the stand over those 3 1/2 weeks. Hopefully I will nail my buck in that time frame. I will post up some pics of my buddy with the buck. I will also throw in a few of the trail cam shots I had of him as well. Good luck to all.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are those pics of my buddy with The Off Limit 9.
Attached Thumbnails Team 16 - Rack Addicts-daves-buck-001.jpg   Team 16 - Rack Addicts-daves-buck-003.jpg  
Old 10-24-2010, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are some trail cam shots of The Off Limit 9. I wish he would have passed on this buck, but oh well what's done is done.
Attached Thumbnails Team 16 - Rack Addicts-millers-9-20-10-022.jpg   Team 16 - Rack Addicts-millers-9-20-10-037.jpg  

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 10-24-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

To bad that buck didn't make it another year but I could not have passed either.

By the way, tell your buddy to put a shirt on next time!

I don't have off the next three weeks but I only work six days out of the 21. So that is not to bad.
These next few weeks is what we all wait for the entire year!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately there is too much junk going on and we were unable to get out this evening. I know for sure at the latest I will be out Wednesday morning. My son could be out earlier than that and I could too. The weather over the next 24 hours looks pretty dicy so it could be hit or miss. Like I said we may just hold off until Wednesday morning. Happy hunting and good luck to all.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, here's the deal. As of right now this is how the rest of the week goes as far as hunting goes. I'm hoping to get off early Tuesday morning and going out with my son. Tuesday evening is out. There are suppose to be strong storms plus I will have to wait in line and get some football tickets for the big season ending rivalry game. Wednesday morning looks like we will be good to get out in the stand again. Wednesday evening we are suppose to have strong winds so I probably won't be getting out. Thursday morning looks good to go out again. Thursday night is the bonfire so we won't be going out then. Friday morning will be another day in the stand. Friday night is the big rivalry game so we won't be going out then. Saturday morning is looking very good. we are suppose to have a heavy frost and we are planning to hit our secret honey hole. We have not stepped foot in there all year so it hopefully should make for a very productive hunt. This is one awesome place to rattle. There are bedding area's in three directions from where our stands are. There are some really hot scrapes in this area. It is not very far from an small apple orchard and several alfalfa fields. I am really pumped up for this hunt. Happy hunting and good luck to all.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Getting pumped to finally put some time in the stands. I've only hunted twice for a total of 2.5 hours and that all changes on Thursday when I take a group of boy scouts up bowhunting my land.

I've snuck in to retrieve pictures from my trail cameras and have 4 nice bucks in the area but they were all coming out after dark. Having left the majority of my land untouch this fall will hopefully bring some daytime sightings. So after the storms run their course Tuesday and Wednesday, it's time to begin the pursuit. Good luck to all these next couple of weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.