Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 6 Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys what a great weekend. Some friends of ours came down from south dakota and they had a blast hanging with us at our cabin.

Hunting was good. Nothing dead but had good weather and saw some. Nothing shootable.

But!!! I checked my trail camera today and WOW!!!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trai...y-monster.html
Old 10-04-2010, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

Pope94,
That sure is a strange looking rack. Very unique. My father shot one last year that the one side kind of looked like that.
Attached Thumbnails Team 6 Thread-dads-2009-ohio-buck.jpg  
Old 10-04-2010, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck! Tell him congratz for me. If only both sides looked the same. Its still a great looking buck either way. I bet he was excited.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

So that big buck that I talked about in my first post? I got permission to go on the land. I ended up putting about a 400 yard stalk on him and got about 20 yards from him. The hill he was on was fairly steep and where he was laying was even steeper than the rest of the hill. I couldn't see him until he stood up and ran. He ran out to about 80 yards, looked at me for a second and then bounced off. My cousin took a few pictures of him and he was really nice. When I get ahold of them I will put them on here.

I know I saw over 35 deer on land that I have permission to hunt while I was out this weekend. I am not going out this coming weekend but the next is pheasant season and because you cannot pheasant hunt until noon, I am going to try to do some deer hunting. The weekend after that and the weekend after that I am also going out. Hopefully I can get one.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like an exciting weekend Schu, hopefully you can connect on one of those big muleys.

Very cool rack on that buck Pope, is he on the hit list?

Got back from the UP around 230, and with about 60 miles left in the trip I decided I would get home and head to the woods. Well, I took a look around the yard, and noticed the length of the grass, the shabby appearance of most everything else, so I decided to stay home and get all of that stuff done to not have to worry about any of it this coming weekend. We did get a few grouse back home, which was fun, no deer hunting, just didn't have the time. I'm going to hunt at least once this weekend, but i'm less than excited about the weather being near 80 degrees.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah it was pretty exciting. It was my first time bowhunting and I had a blast. I got a pretty good idea of what is out there and where they are. I have a group of does and a couple small bucks patterned pretty well. Once the snow starts falling I have a couple pretty good areas of where I can set up blinds and hopefully have some success.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

SchuLace,
Can't wait to see some pictures of the buck you were stalking.

It's been raining here and isn't supposed to stop until Thursday. I only seen a spike and two does last night. I haven't seen a shooter yet but they usually don't start showing up until the first week in November.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been gone awhile fellas. Got out my 1st time yesterday afternoon & drew a blank.. Was good to get into the woods. ALL the crops are up around my area but that should change soon.
Good Luck to everyone.

I see someone busted a Monster in Ia. already...
Old 10-07-2010, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

Only seen two does last night.
We are heading back out to Ohio tomorrow afternoon. Hunting Sat., Sunday and Monday morning. Hopefully one of us will connect this weekend. I just looked at the forecast and it's supposed to be 82 degrees out there on Saturday. Not looking forward to that.
Good luck to all this weekend!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

The weather certainly doesn't have me very excited for the hunting prospects this weekend. I'm going to go, but if i'm sweating like a hog, i'm likely just going to bail out and wait for cooler temps. Winds look good for the stand I want to hunt, and it's the shortest walk too, so it could work out. Good luck to you guys this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.