Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest
Team 21 "Bone Heads" Official Thread >

Team 21 "Bone Heads" Official Thread

Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 21 "Bone Heads" Official Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Spike

Default Team 21 "Bone Heads" Official Thread

Bone Heads:

1.SyPTo - Blacksburg, SC
2.nick_bleuer76 - North Central, Iowa
3.mbmrang - central Missouri
4.bigtim6656 - Indiana
5.tthompson16137 - Pa
6.CodyGuess - Kentucky
7.Bank - Northeast Connecticut
8.OCD - SE Wisconsin
9.joshen520 - south Jersey
10.BossmanPA - Poconos, PA

Team Kills (in chronological order):

Team Score:
Biggest Deer:
Member High Score:

All names in bold have checked-in. In this thread we can discuss tactics to raise our team's score. AIM is a great way to communicate, if any of you have it. My screen name is B4NK44. I have a very low post count, but I've been lurking for a long time (see my join date). My name is Sam, I'm 18 and I hunt in the hardwoods of CT. Report in, men.

Last edited by Bank; 11-19-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:00 PM
OCD
Spike

Default Check in team 21

Hi Sam my name is John (OCD) on the board and I am not sure where to check in. I will be huinting in SE Wisconsin where I have access to 200 acres of private land with some very good signs and in the northwoods of Wisconsin with the usual crew.

Good Luck!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Spike

By check in, I just mean post. Good luck in the woods, man. I just bought a rattle bag and one o them "buck bombs". Let's hope I can bring in the 14-pointer on the property I hunt.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:56 PM
OCD
Spike

Default Homework

Bank,
Sounds good on the new items. I have used the Buck Bomb and it works. About an hour after a used it a very nice buck came into my stand but I still did not have my doe for EAB.

I have done my homework this year more than any year in the past. I was on the 200 acres yesterday doing some scouting to see what is going on. I have found some good tracks and runways but no scrapes or rubs yet. I am not sure what is going on but the weather yesterday was 71 degrees here and that could be part of the problem.

The farmer that leases the land has told me he has seen a small spiker and about 4 does so far this year. The only thing he has seen a lot of is Turkey and I have also. Some of the fresh deer tracks looked good but could not really get a good feel for where they were coming from. I was able to follow them into the woods but once in there the leaves on the ground are so thick I could not get a good sign for which way they are traveling. The only good think is they are going into the woods in the direction of my stand.

When does your gun season start? Are you able to use a rifle in your area? Keep in touch.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

Cody Guess here.. Been bowhuntin all season long. jus hasnt panned out yet so its almost time here in kentucky to pick up my TC pro hunter.. I live in Western Kentucky on a 1100 acre farm.. Im ready to lay the smack down on mr. freak
Old 11-08-2009, 06:37 PM
OCD
Spike

Default Welcome

CodyGuess,

Welcome to the team. Sounds like you have a nice place to hunt. 1100 acres would be a dream come true. What is the land like? What are the whitetails like down there?

I also see you are a TC guy I am sorry to say I am a CVA guy.

When does you gun season start?

Here is SE Wisconsin our opener is 11-21 through 11-29 and then muzzle loader starts. I will be in the north woods for the 1st few days then back down to SE Wisconsin to finsih out the year. The only problem in the northwoods for us is the wolves are becoming a big problem to our deer herd. Our deer camp has been tough the past few years. Only 2 deer in the past 3 years. The guys I go up with have been hunting this land since they were kids which is over 30 years now and have never seen it this bad. Maybe our luck will change this year.

Good Luck and hope to hear from you soon.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

well on our farm we had beans that was actually cut last night.. went out this mornin with the bow an seen a really nice 11 point that iv had several encounters with this season.. rifle season comes in this up commin weekend. so i guess it would be the 14th.. hows the rut down there.. its starting to kick in here. see alot of little fellers chasin them some does lol but eventually the deer im after is gonna make a wrong move and im going to be there waitin
Old 11-08-2009, 06:50 PM
OCD
Spike

Default Rut

No signs of anything going on in SE Wisconsin on the land I will be hunting as of yesterday. Like I said in an earlier post some good tracks and runways but no scrapes or rubs yet. It was 71 degrees here yesterday which we set a record for 11-7-09 by 1 degree.

Now for the northwoods I have no idea. I wish I could drive the 300 + miles each way every weekend to do some scouting but it will just not work doing all of that driving let alone the money it would cost for gas.

Keep in touch and I hope it pans out with the 11 pointer. I wish we could see an 11 pointer up here. It seems to be getting worse every year for the deer here in Wisconsin.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

oh well good luck to you.. an yea i no how driving is.. we go to kansas every year to hunt and that is a long trip but i love it... if ur ever down this way for a week or so or would like to take a trip i could set ya up on some good kentucky bucks or anything you like to hunt
Old 11-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Spike

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem. I have seen almost NO buck activity this year. I found a few rubs and no scrapes. I think maybe it's because not all of the leaves have hit the ground yet. Hopefully there will be plenty of buck activity come rifle season next wednesday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.