HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 21 "Bone Heads" Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 05:56 PM
OCD
Spike

Default Homework

Bank,
Sounds good on the new items. I have used the Buck Bomb and it works. About an hour after a used it a very nice buck came into my stand but I still did not have my doe for EAB.

I have done my homework this year more than any year in the past. I was on the 200 acres yesterday doing some scouting to see what is going on. I have found some good tracks and runways but no scrapes or rubs yet. I am not sure what is going on but the weather yesterday was 71 degrees here and that could be part of the problem.

The farmer that leases the land has told me he has seen a small spiker and about 4 does so far this year. The only thing he has seen a lot of is Turkey and I have also. Some of the fresh deer tracks looked good but could not really get a good feel for where they were coming from. I was able to follow them into the woods but once in there the leaves on the ground are so thick I could not get a good sign for which way they are traveling. The only good think is they are going into the woods in the direction of my stand.

When does your gun season start? Are you able to use a rifle in your area? Keep in touch.