Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team X Factor Thread (10) >

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Old 10-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Mike
Jeanneney's book is the bible for training dogs for blood trailing; available on their website: http://www.born-to-track.com/

-fsh
Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I didnt make it back out sat eve, not w/ tornado warnings in the area! It poured and was windy, so I don't think I missed anything.

I'm going to check the cams again tonight, and set up another cam on the end of my farm. I used to have a cam out in this area but it was stolen 2 years ago, I've got a theft box for my new cam. Plus its IR so that should keep them from seeing it. I picked up a bag of Acron Rage w/ my credit card points, so I'm going to make a mock scrape, and put the rage near it for my new cam, we'll see what happens...

I wont get out until friday, but I plan on hunting all day friday, sat, and sunday after church...

Anybody seeing much lately??
Old 10-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

My new job gives me every Thursday off since I work Saturday morning. We aren't really having much luck with seeing many deer, much less a buck. I'm sticking with it though so I'll do my best, but not gonna take a small buck just for contest reasons. How's everyone else's season going?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, haven't been out this week...Sat was the last time. Still blanked, not even seeing much movement lately. Gonna try to get out tomorrow morning hopefully. Hoping it picks up...not even seeing much sign. I walked my whole propertly border the other day freshening my posted signs (a few miles) and only saw 5 small rubs, and 0 scrapes. I don't understand why they never start here until sometime in Nov.
Muzzleloader opens Sat, so I'll be out in the morning for that with my son trying to help him get one - probably bowhunt in the evening.

Andy...I did get that book, just gotta make the time to do some work with her. What do you suggest for starting out?

Oh, and crenth...I hear ya. I never lower my standards - of course they aren't that high (they are reasonable for where I hunt - around 100" or 3.5), but I'm not gonna whack a dink just to get some points either. I really hope it comes together for me this year. I had high hopes before the season, but so far things haven't played out the way I had hoped.

Good luck guys...hope its getting rutty where you are!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck out there guys, the next 2 weeks should be good. I made the mistake of showing my cousin the photos of that big guy and he's been out hunting this week on our farm. He hasn't seen him yet and he hunts away from my honey hole so its probably not a big deal, but he is seeing a lot of rut activity. It's got me looking forward to this weekend. I cant wait! I think I've got a fever and might leave work early tomorrow
Old 10-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

I've been catching up on chores around the homestead, esp with the rainy weather we've been having. I'll be fall turkey hunting in VA tomorrow morning, a long time tradition - hopefully I have an interesting pic or two... Then back to the stand this weekend.

-fsh
Old 10-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

A nice morning in the turkey woods! I worked some birds early morning, but no dice - I think they had spotted us from the roost. About 10am, we broke up a flock and I called in a jenny (young hen) for my friend Chuck. Time was up for me, but we're going to try again next week. We saw a few bucks cruising the woods while calling to the turks, time to get back up into the stand...

-fsh

Last edited by fshafly2; 10-29-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice bird Andy!

I was out this am, just a small buck an 2 does... Going back out this eve. I did find good spot on my way out for tomorrow eve, a buck has an area all tore apart, I'd go back there tonight but its to far and we have plans tonight...
Old 11-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

I had only a spike nearby yesterday feeding on red oak acorns. This evening (a Sunday hunting day here in MD), a basket 8 and spike passed less than 20 yds away to harass a young doe in front of me. I haven't seen any big ones lately, but two of my friends saw shooters Saturday while ML hunting during our ML doe season.

-fsh
Old 11-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys

Went out Sat morning with my son for the M/L opener, hoping to get him on one. Opening day has always been pretty good. We didn't see squat, which was really suprising. Then it got to about 74 degrees and the wind picked up a good bit more than it was in the morning....so I bagged the evening bowhunt and went trick or treating with the family. Things are really slow here right now, hoping it picks up soon. Gonna hit it a couple days this week in the mornings, evenings are out for the next two weeks for me it looks like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.