Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21) >

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

Old 08-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Tomorrow morning is it. Dave and I found a new section of Game Management property that had a lot of good sign. We will be there bright and early in the morning then head to the farm for our evening hunt. I can't wait
Old 08-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck buddy, I hope one of yall score considering that yall are on my teams on this website and the other one.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Andy,
Good luck on your hunt. Keep Dave from scoring first...LOL...
Brent,
I like this avatar better than your old one...LOL...
Old 08-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Andy, good luck to you tomorrow. Is the weather cooperating with you for the opener?

Our bow season also starts tomorrow, so I'll be out before the crack of dawn. Morning hunt will be on a hillside where deer travel from feeding to bedding areas. Afternoon will be on a farm several miles away where current habits have both bucks and does out by 5:00. Our daytime temperature today was just about 90*; if I shoot something, I'll be looking for a fast recovery.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jack,
hope you put that one you posted on the ground...
Old 09-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

Well, here's how opening day went:

AM - Up at 4:00 on stand by 5:15, just starting to get light. By 6:00, 11 different bucks plus numerous does and fawns had filed past on the hillside about 200 yards from me. 5 of the bucks were real nice and included a pair I had taken pictures of a couple weeks ago. Guess I'll have to adjust my ambush location.

PM - Arrived at farm just after 5:00 and there was a nice buck in the field already. Since he was along a fence where there was lots of cover, I put a stalk on him. When I poked my head up 30 yards from him, I got busted. Oh well, back to plan A. I set up in a swale of tall grass close to a couple trails. Almost immediately, a thunderstorm started rolling in. Well, I tell ya - I've never been so drenched in my life. And to boot, it dumped some big hail on me, which smarted. By the time the storm was finished with me, I staggered back to the truck and came home to get dried out. Just spent the last half hour mopping off various bits of equipment, like bow, broadheads, binoculars, range finder, and knife. Even the inside of my wallet was soaked and my licence is opened up on the table to dry.

Another attempt coming up tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jack,
Not counting the rain and getting but a**ed soaked, sounds likw you had a good day. Saw some deer and nice bucks. Hell my opener isn't for another month...

HMMM, I wonder what kind of day Andy had....
Old 09-02-2009, 03:36 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like your in to them Jack the thunderstorm reminds me of the first time I took my daughter hunting same deal didn't think she would ever go again lol .

Well I leave tonight for CO to hunt elk so I will be gone for about 2 weeks don't think I ran off on y'all . Hopefully there is a couple Bucks on the score board when I get Back. Till then Good Luck!!

Shane
Old 09-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

justhuntitall, best of luck on them elk, and have a ball.

Addendum to yesterday's post:

THIS IS NOT MY DEER

After posting about my wet evening hunt, my son called. He had gone back to where we saw all those bucks in the morning and set up in a sweet spot. Needless to say, he did better than I did. I don't know who was more pleased - well actually, I think he was. BTW, his first archery deer.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice, had me excited for a second lol, congrats to your son. BTW, I snese someone wasnt a red sox fan here lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.