Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21) >

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

Old 09-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice to see some activity here...

Shane->good luck on your elk hunt. Wish I was going...
Jack->Congrats on your sons first bow buck, must be pretty damn proud...
Brent->I live near Chicago (Cubs & WhiteSox), maybe just jealous...but it is hunting season and that means DA BEARS...

And what happened to Andy, must not have had a good day in the woods...
Old 09-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

No not the best day in the woods. I saw 2 does for the morning hunt then the evening at the farm I was expecting to be covered up and only saw a velvet 4 pointer and 2 gobblers. I was hoping for a shot at something but really thought I would see a lot of movement. Oh well better days. Good luck everybody.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SCBigBuckHunter
No not the best day in the woods. I saw 2 does for the morning hunt then the evening at the farm I was expecting to be covered up and only saw a velvet 4 pointer and 2 gobblers. I was hoping for a shot at something but really thought I would see a lot of movement. Oh well better days. Good luck everybody.
Lets see, not working, not at home doing housework, spending a day in the woods hunting. Anyway you add it up, it still sounds like a pretty good day to me...
Old 09-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I have no problem with the bears, one of my favorite teams in fact, Forte is a beast and with him on my fantasy team for the past two years how could I pull against him, plus until Carolina gets rid of the joke at QB we have to rely on the miraculous hands of smith and the great running game we have, because MR. D likes to choke in the heat of the moment and cost us a few games.

Im moving some stands tomorrow and then gettin' some dove hunting and food plot stuff ready, Ill be busy for the next two weeks, I dont really like to hunt that much in the early season, too hot and not enough buck activity unless you have their pattern absolutely pegged, and even then its iffy. It educates them to much for the rut that is two months away.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

Nowhere near the activity today as yesterday; I think the deer got the picture that hunting season had begun. Zero deer went by me this evening at the same location that my son nailed his yesterday. However, he did some scouting while I waited in ambush and it appears he found some of the same bucks using another route about 1/2 a mile away. We'll see if that's a good spot in the morning.

My entertainment for the evening was watching a black bear sow with 2 cubs working their way across the hill above me. They went from choke cherry bush to choke cherry bush and gobbled them down. The mom was bending the branches down and stripping them while the kids climbed up. They ended up taking a rest right under a big pine tree that served as my stand yesterday morning.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing of consequence from the morning hunt today, except that I found a really good looking blind location that I'm going to try tomorrow.

This evening I had ol Snaggle Horn, as we call him, dead to rights. He was broadside and looking away at 25 yards and I messed up my draw (%^&!@# shoulder). This is him:

Old 09-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well that sucks, kinda I guess. Just part of the game. What gives with the shoulder? You aint getting old are yah..LOL...
Old 09-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Guys, I am glad to hear that you are having some fun out there. I am actually jealous that I can't be out yet. I am going to hang my final stands this weekend, and get some camera pics from a new spot. Hopefully you are all having fun, and we will be on the board before we know it. Good luck and good shooting.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

BUCKMARK, me getting old? well dadgum it, I guess so. Had both shoulders go under the knife now but the most recent one (right) had one tendon not stay reattached as it should have. Makes me like a pig with laryngitis - disgruntled.

Todays action : AM - group of 4 bucks headed up the hill 259 ranged yards from me. PM - 6 bucks and numerous does/fawns were in the field where I was set up when something (coyotes?) spooked them and they lit out with a great thundering of hooves. 3 bucks roared past my stand doing mach 2. After that it was pretty much curtains for the rest of the evening.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I finally found some time to take my bow and have the strings and cable changed. It seems a little faster and was getting good groups with the dozen or so I put threw it to help break it in. Can't wait to try it out on the real thing next month.

Last edited by BUCKMARK; 09-08-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.