Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) >

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Old 01-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster
I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty stoked that we may actually win this. I'm shocked and pumped!!!

Ryan.
Yep, i can see it now in my sig-The Bone Mafia, the NEW undisputed kings of archery.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

well this is the week i drew a permit to hunt a special hunt area on public ground. you have to shoot a doe first then you may shoot a buck. So i braved the cold 7 degree weather this morning for 3 hours in the tree. I saw 2 right after day break then notta. Got down to leave and saw 2 more. the when i drove out of the park there was a group of 10-15 up feeding around. I knew where they were heading so I got up in front of them 100 yards or so and set up next to a tree and some briars. Scared 2 out when i went in, but 10 minutes later 2 more came in. a doe and fawn. They got about 20 yrds away or so and i drew back(which was a big success in itself because i think i tore my labrum tendon in my shoulder again!) and the doe spotted me but i didn't really have a good shot she did the bob and weave thing for a little while then hopped off a few steps, so i put my pin on her shoulder as she was walking and drilled her. It looked like someone through a bucket of blood agianst the snowy background when the arrow hit. she went about 80 yrs and went down. Only problem was she went back into the group of other deer and buggered them when she died, including a prety nice 8 pter. Am heading back later to try for a buck. Glad to get a nice fat dow though. i love this cold weather!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats pj!!! Let's see some pics. I love harvesting them in the snow. Its so easy to track em and everything.

Ryan.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah. You got any pics?

Ryan.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

Nice job PJ. What a thrill to see the group and then manage to position yourself wisely. Hope you get that buck.
It's freak'n cold here too and I will attempt to brave the elements tomorrow starting noontime to see if I can find a decent snow trail, then set up with my climber. If it seems like a decent spot I'll leave the climber and hit it again on Sunday morning. I'm nice and warm in my house right now, so it doesn't seem that bad! I really want to score some bonus points for the team right now. Only 2 weekends left
Old 01-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck clay. Tomorrows my last day of work before I move so I may sneak out for a little on public ground. Idk yet.

Ryan.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

We Have a Serious Problem.....

Where are we going to put the crown or a trophy or something in our Avatar...... Damn.....

Ryan.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Yo PJ,

Congrats on the doe. That would be cool to get a crack at a buck this late in the season.

Ryan, we haven't won yet, there still is time for this other team. I do believe it would be tuff to get a 120 class buck this late.

Have a couple of trail cameras out, my friend got one really nice buck on his. It was a pretty nice 8, should be a really good buck next year.

Take care,

Dave
Old 01-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohh dang, I didn't know there was a team that was close I've just been going off of what was said here and haven't checked for ourselfs.

On a side note, todays my last day at work before I move. I'm kinda pumped for it but I have got seriously no idea where I'm gonna hunt when I get up there... Ironically I think I'm moving closer to you, dave.

Ryan.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Ryan, I hope the weather is decent for the move. Good luck.
Well, nothing this afternoon from me guys. Plenty of tracks in the snow. It's snowing right now so there should be about an inch of fresh cover. I think tomorrow the temps will actually go above 10 degrees! I'll hit it again in the morning. Will let you know if I see anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.