Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Surpass Thread (37) >

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Old 08-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rammer
Nice going there Hog!
Thanks! Do you hunt those type animals too?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED
Thanks! Do you hunt those type animals too?

I hunt every species under the sun. I haven't had the opportunity to hunt any of the bears yet, that is on my list in the next few years. I've been concentrating all my efforts on elk the last few years trying to get a big bull with my bow. The elk tag I drew this fall is a pretty good tag with the chance of arrowing a once in a lifetime bull, so hopefully that works out!

You said you liked pheasant hunting, I run a pheasant hunting guide service here in South Dakota, and we harvest around 3000 pheasants a year.

I didn't draw a rifle antelope tag this season, so in about a month or so when the rut gets going, I am going after prairie maggots with the bow in hand, since I haven't done that for a few years now. Which will also be a spot an stalk muley opportunity as well.

Here's a pic of some of the sheds I found this spring and a few dead bucks:

Last day of pheasant season I decided to pull out a shotgun and shoot a few for myself.

My muley from last fall after a blizzard that shut down half the state:

A pair of locked up bucks I had trail camera photos of that I found while pheasant hunting during the peak of the rut:

The buck I entered in the contest last year:

The antelope my hunting buddy and I got last fall:

Old 08-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Rammer
Did you a few years back venture out to Idaho to hunt Elk with Troy? Your name sounds familier from the hunt he had some team mates out on a Elk hunt. Nice lope you got there ,was he with a rifle? Whitetail aint to shabby either congrats on your hunts and you have 2 good looking dogs to boot.

Hog
I hunt and have harvested Elk ,moose ,whitetail, mulies,bear and antelope all with a bow ,tried with a rifle but having been a sniper in the Airbourne I found it not very challenging when you can take down a Mulie at 320 yards with open sights with an ole 303. LOL. That's why I hunt only with a bow.
Rocky
Old 08-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang! Thats a lot of pheasant!!!!! Man, thats a lot of sheds too! Do your dogs help find those or do you find all of them by your self? Those are some BIG labs you got there! They are labordor retreavers arn't they? Nice buck you got there with your bow! thats Nice mule deer! those are some big antelope! Was that in South Dakota? Sorry for all the questions! LOL!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Youngfart, I have been to Idaho elk hunting but it wasn't with anyone on this board. I was out there last fall. The antelope were shot with rifles on public ground in South Dakota.

Hog, the lab sniffing the antlers in the picture does help me finding sheds. I take them both but my young'in there is the only one that really picks 'em up for me.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats cool! What do those things weigh? We have a couple labs, and they are just over 100 pounds, but yours look HUGE compared to ours!

Last edited by HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED; 08-23-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I set up a trail camera yesterday and saw 5 deer, and heard 3 others run off without me seeing them, so hopefully the camera I set up gets pictures off them! I saw a forked horn out of the 5 that were in a herd, but he was pretty small... Its nice cause its only like 500 yards from the house! There are also a lot of elk right up in there, so we'll see how things go...
Old 08-23-2009, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

My young lab weighs around 87lbs and the old one is around 105. We had to have my old dogs man hood removed last fall and ever since then he has been putting on weight and we can't stop it. Both those dogs get run anywhere from 1.5-3 miles a day in the off season.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rammer
My young lab weighs around 87lbs and the old one is around 105. We had to have my old dogs man hood removed last fall and ever since then he has been putting on weight and we can't stop it. Both those dogs get run anywhere from 1.5-3 miles a day in the off season.
Man, they must be tall! HAHA We have a chocolate lab that had the same thing done, and he must have double in width within a year! He could weigh 110 by now! LOL! I'll have to post a picture of him.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

And here he is! The laziest dog in the west!
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Surpass Thread (37)-img_7950.jpg   Official Team Surpass Thread (37)-img_7855.jpg  

Last edited by HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED; 08-23-2009 at 11:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.