Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Surpass Thread (37) >

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
Rammer,

What part of S.D. are you from? I'll be hunting near Spearfish.

Miles, what part of NZ? Man, I love NZ!

Jeff, yours are in my prayers

Rory, now that's the spirit! Let's take this thing!

Brett, I'm up to four preference points for Iowa. Someday.... best of luck this year!

PJ and Youngfart, good to have you lads on board.

This is going to be fun!

huckleberry, I am more towards the north central part of SD. I was just in Spearfish last week during the Sturgis bike rally. Some really beautiful country out there! Are you hunting whitetails there?
Old 08-20-2009, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Spearfish

Yes Rammer,

Whitetail and turkey. The area is loaded with toads! I have a couple of friends with property there (not really needed though, the people of S. Dakota are some of the friendly folks I have ever met. A simple "ask permission" seems to always work). The Spearfish region is also chalked full with tons of state and federal land. It makes hunting extremely easy. I hold out for and eight or better each year. It takes me about seven hours, one way each weekend, until I get my doe and buck. I love the country and I love the hunt. I'll be there Oct 3rd...
Old 08-20-2009, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Het Team #37
Well I'm a young 54 and from Edmonton Alberta,I drive truck for a living and have 3 weeks booked off for my hunting pleasures. I'll be off starting the 11th of September for my Antelope and Mule deer combo hunt for 10 days in Southern Alberta. Then the long wait till mid November for 2 weeks for the rut starting around mid November for Whitetails and Moose.Best buck for me which means nothing is a 5x6 that scored 172 back some 14 years. I hunt 5 different properties that are as small as 40 acre parcells up to a few that are a section of land. What I look forward most of all from this contest is getting to know new freinds and sharing hunting stratagies. Great to finally get the ball moving on this contest and get hunting. Take care and God Bless.
Rocky
Old 08-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

huckleberry, sounds like you know the area well out there! Since you know the area, I can tell you about my once in a lifetime tag I drew in the state of SD. I drew Custer State Park Late Archery Elk, which opens Nov 21, after the rifle season. It will definately be one of the tougher hunts I've gone on.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, sorry I'm late! I've been busy, so I haven't had a chance to get on here in a while! I have been bear hunting in the evenings since August 1st, still haven't got a bear, but got close! The ground is to dry to stalk within range.

So what state are you hunting this year? I live in Oregon and will be hunting in Oregon. There might be a chance I go to Idaho and try to get a buck there, but that would probably be with a rifle if I haven't got one down in Oregon with a bow by then.

Thanks again!

HHU
Old 08-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah... I forgot to tell you one other thing, Next month I am going with my dad and brother to go antelope hunting in Wyoming, but that will be with rifles, we are allowed 2 antelope each, so thats gonna be fun! I thought I would warn you before I was just gone for a week! LOL!

Thanks again and talk to you guys soon!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Welcome Home HHU!

Rammer,

I know exactly what you're talking about. Yours is a highly prized elk tag! The friend I'm staying with has a rifle tag this year for the same area. Can you believe, he and his brother both drew this year? They are gun hunters though. I will pump him for info since his hunt comes before yours. I'll help with whatever info I can gather.

Rocky, I will be through Edmonton right before Labor Day-maybe the sixth-on my way to Yellowknife. I did some moose hunting up in the Peace River region. What great country!
Old 08-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

Smile

Imyourhuckelberry
Should let me know what flight your on and we can meet at the airport for a coffee or a beer in the lounge while you wait for your conecting flight. Be neat to put a face to a name. I have met a few guys this way from this site. Let me know what you think.
Rocky
Old 08-21-2009, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rocky,

I won't be going through the airport. I'll be hauling the mail in a big old pickup truck-leaving real early on the 6th. We (two of us) are going to try to make it all the way to Edmonton before we stop for the night. We figure it will be about a 15-16 hour drive. I would love to share a beer if we can make it happen.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool! Don't you have a lot of elk over there?

iamyourhuckleberry
My name is Will and I'm from the mile high state of Colorado.

Last edited by HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED; 08-21-2009 at 07:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.