Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Surpass Thread (37) >

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Old 09-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Cool

2nd Sit Tonight
I'll be out tonight in my second honey hole on the same property and hopefully I'll see some movement. The weather has turned from a balmy 90 to 40 so that should get the deer out eating earlier, good luck to the rest of you that are hunting. Don't forget to pack those safety straps. God Bless
Rocky
Old 09-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still haven't made it out hunting. The wind was blowing 35-50mph today, so I got a bunch of reloading done.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Typical Buck

Unhappy

2nd Sit Cancelled

High winds made me rethink sittiing 2o feet high in a 6 inch tree!! Actually I would never get in it at that high a wind as it will rock quite abit. Don't need that huh! Going out for moose tonight as there starting to respond to calling now and the rut should be nearing with in a week or so.
Rocky
Old 09-28-2009, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well... My first season just ended Sunday, but that season is not that good because its so hot out and the deer sleep all day. The season opens again in November and that is generally in the middle of the rut!

Good luck guys!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Talking

Got Out Tonight

Well I got out for moose tonight in 70 km winds and got to 12 yards at full draw hoping there was a bull bedded with the cow I snuck up on! LMAO not this time. I got up on 2 more cows during the next 2 hours,no bulls in site. The rut is on so I just have to be paitent and they'll show. Man I can't believe the water level around here. Almost none as the water holes are almost dried up. Put up 3 bucks and a doe also, but nothing to write home about. Back at it again tomorrow after work for another 2 1/2 hour yaunt in the bush. Talk to you's then.
Rocky
Old 09-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

G'luck on the moose! That would be a rush shooting something that big with a bow!!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rocky,

I so want to hunt deer and moose at the same time. You are one lucky dog!

I ended my archery elk season with not a cat in the bag. The last two day were spent with a newbie in tow. The boy has size 15 boots and could not avoid a stick if he wanted to. Needless to say we spent Saturday and Sunday pushing elk into the next county. Oh well, I got in some advanced scouting for next year...

It's time. Deer are 100% on my mind now. I'm off to S.Dakota Friday night-hunting Sat. and Sun. Whitetail, prepare to die!

Hunt hard guys!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

IL season opens up in the morning. I'll be headed up tonight after work and try to squeeze in a few hunts before the weekend. We have no shortage of deer, but the heat has kept the big boys from moving a whole lot. I got 567 pics on 1 camera over a 10 day period, but nothing to write home about except a 100 inch 6-point. Cold front has moved through and it got down to around 40 last night. Of course the wind is supposed to shift this evening and temps tomorrow will be 60-80. Ah, but it will be good to get out in my woods. I have a big family cmping trip in about a week. First doe in is toast! Hope ya'll are enjoying the fall.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

And no! I will not be shooting that 6 point.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Deer season started yesterday here in Indiana and I got a small doe that afternoon. I'll put a pic of her on here later i'm at school now. The new bow is one for one now I jus gotta hold out for a big one. Dad saw a real nice one out the other day and it's been gettin cold here early on so maybe the bucks will be moving earlier this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.