Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3) >

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

Old 08-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by crazedbowhunter View Post
Good to have you Jim. What kind of bucks have you been seeing and what part of MD and PA are you hunting in? I will be in Calvert county MD and Centre county PA. The buck in my avatar was from a trail cam pic in the block of woods across teh road from my place last month.
I mainly hunt Baltimore and Harford Counties in MD and York Co. in PA. Looks like a nice one on your trail cam, hope you can put him down this year.

Looks like 3 of us are hunting MD, We all know there are tons of Deer here in MD, so lets have at'em.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Spike

Welcome everyone. Once we get everyone signed in, we can start thinking about things like a Team Captain and Team Name .
Old 08-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Here are a few that I have trail cam pictures of this year:
He is big and wide and I believe he is a 8 point from the next picture, he will be the one with his head down

Previous buck and big wide 6 point that you can see in the back of the previous picture just coming into view

Two off my buddies trail cam in a public land spot:

Trail cam picture of buck in MD last year:

You can say I have a few bucks to choose from this year. Great part about it is this is only half the bucks that I have seen personally over this summer. The buck/doe ratio is coming down to close to 1:1 now since half the deer I see are bucks and I have seen more bucks that score over 100" than ever before.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

No deer in MD. All the big ones that are shot here are lost and come from Ohio
Old 08-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

I PM'ed the members who haven't checked-in yet. Hopefully they'll check -in soon and we'll have a full team.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

Checking in! I'm Rex and hunt about 300 acres on two farms in southeast Indiana in the Brookville Reservoir area. I have trailcam pix of a couple of "target" deer. I am retired and have lots of hunting time and hope I can contribute to the teams effort this year.
Good luck, Team3!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for checking in rex. Now we just need bhunter50 and wihunter402 to check in and we will have a full team. So what bow is everyone shooting this year? I am hopefully picking up my Bowtech 82nd airborne on monday if they get them in from bowtech. Used a commander in the past couple years and harvested 4 deer with it last year between PA and MD.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

I am using my old '01 Browning Tornado. It may be old like me but it shoots good and just never saw a reason to change. I have a long draw length and not just any bow will fit me. I don't expect 'Ol Betsy to let me down this year. Shooting 64# at 31.5" draw using Rage 2-blades on Carbon Express arrows.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Fork Horn

Shooting an 08 Katera. Unfortunately I have not officially broken it in yet. My archery season was shortened by unforeseen circumstances last year and it ended up being a dry season. The bow is a real shooter, so I know it will do the job,(as long as I do!!) when the time comes.

Hi Trex, Thanks, I am no longer the "old" man of the team !!!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

Great news ! I thought I was going to be the old man of the team

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.