Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27) >

Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)

Old 09-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Spike

Heading out for early doe in SW PA tomorrow morning, hoping to put some meat in the freezer. Regular archery season starts Oct. 3rd, and it couldn't get here any sooner. Good luck to Bigdaddy.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to all of you guys out there hunting!

I am hanging my last stand tomorrow and then I am going to start IMPATIENTLY waiting for Oct. 1.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, nothing today guys. Had 2 does and a fawn about 15 yards broadside, but being the first day, was not ready to drop the hammer quite yet. Will be back out Sunday evening. Good Luck to anyone out there hunting this weekend.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Spike

Saw a small 7 point this morning and a bunch of turkeys, will be back out Mon morning attempting to harvest an early season doe.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Spike

Just an update.
Tuesday I saw a doe and a fawn no buck and the doe didn't offer a shot.
Wednesday the neighbors dog ran them off just before shooting hours.
Thursday I had 6 does and a 4 pointer come in I tried to take one of the does for meat in the freezer, I rushed the shot because she was real close and at the same time my wife called, the arrow sailed over her back.
Friday, I decided to give them a break for a day so I went Squirrel hunting, yum. Right now my wife is frying the squirrel.
This morning on my way out the field was loaded it was dark and I didn't know they were there yet and I got busted. I stuck around for 4 hours and didn't see anything. I'm going to give it a few days break and put a camera up. I don't want them to alter their patterns.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Went out tonight and saw a little spike. A couple of people walked within a couple hundred yards along the trees and I think spooked the deer into the corn about half hour before dark. Anyway it is supposed to be in the sixties and fifties for a high here in nebraska for the next couple a days. Goin to a different stand for those days.

Matt
Old 09-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, how is everyone doing? Well, went out again tonight, and only saw 1 doe. Dont know when I am goping again. I get done with work at 4:00 every day, and I can be ini my stand by 5:00, but I have a few things to get done this week, so it might be a couple of days.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

I've decided to scout tonight since it's cold and see where they are moving, Tomorrow is gonna be the same weather here in nebraska, So I'll hunt tomorrow night
Old 09-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

I still haven't been out here in MN. Don't even have a tag yet come to think of it. My trail cam is out now for the last week and a half and hopefully check that on Sunday. Then i need to work on getting my stands up, wow am i behind. I think it was that ND trip that mess up the routine.

Anyway - good luck all.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hung 2 more trail cameras on Sunday. Checked on my stands, found a few rubs as well. I also trimmed up a spot in my fencerow to hang a camera later in the season. There are always scrapes in that area and I've got some nice pics in the past doing this. Come on October 5th, the first day I can get in a tree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.