Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27) >

Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)

Old 08-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, nothing new with me, just hanging out at the camper. We have been living out here for the last couple of weeks. We have a permanent site at a campground about 6 miles outside of town. Staying here is really nice, because it i about half way between home and where I work.
Anyways, I am going out to my hunting spot one last time before my season starts. (At least I hope I can stay out until then. I have a groound blind that I want to set up, and then I want to work on my food plot. I didnt know what I was doing when I planted it, so I dont think it will come up very well. It's called Hot Spot from Biologic, you just do all the work by hand. I didnt rake in the seed after I spread it out, so I am going in there in the morning to re rake it, and then I am going I am going to haul in a bunch of water to water it good, not much rain in the forcast. Well, its dinner time, so I better go feed my face. HOpe everyone has a great weekend!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Darren-Hope your food plot is coming up well and that you have a good time on your hunting ground. It sounds like a good way to spend a weekend to me!

Got the normal Friday running around done so that my weekend could be free. My youngest is a freshman this year and has his first football game tomorrow morning. I am pretty jazzed about that. After we get done with the game, we are going to shoot our bows and then go work on stands. I think Sunday the family and I might go see a movie, the four of us are all off on the same day which is unheard of.

I am counting down the days till Oct. 1. We are having our annual lease members BBQ and shooting day next weekend. I am definitely looking forward to a day of good food, bows, guns, and beer once the shooting is over. Good times!

Hope everybody has a good weekend! I'll be checking in when I can.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm taking a weekend break from all things hunting related. Having a poker run for my dad Saturday and a birthday party to attend on Sunday. Have a good one guys.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, just got home frome working my food plot, and puting up my new gound blind up. Carried buckets of water out to water the food plot, and then I re raked it to make sure the seeds were mixed in with the soil. It was coming up great in spots, but not so good in other spots. Got a nice pic of a buck shedding his velvet, wil post it later.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
Got a nice pic of a buck shedding his velvet, wil post it later.
Yes please do! im goin scoutin later this afternoon.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Spike

Sounds like all members of our team are ready for the season to begin. I have to move one my lock-on stands up another four feet, and I will be ready to go. Will be hitting 3-D courses every weekend until the season starts. I have a chance to go Sept. 19-Oct.2 in a special regs area for an early anterless only hunt, but just can't to be in the tree on Oct 4th.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

We are just waiting for ericj to check in, and then we will have a full team, hope we see him soon. Here is the the buck I git shedding his velvet, kind of hard to see it, but you can see it a little bit.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)-mdgc0018.jpg  
Old 08-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool pic.!

We saw a pretty good one tonight in a food plot. My buddy lives on 200 acres that borders our lease. He is building an addition on to his house and my youngest and I were helping. Just about dark my son looks out into a plot about 150 yds. off his front door and says "There is a buck!" He had slipped out to join about 10 does that were feeding. We were on the roof and didn't have binoculars, but you tell he was past his ears and fairly tall.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

holy cows fellas - less than a week for my trip to ND! extremely pumped. just about have everything packed and will be leaving friday at noon. just have some minor items left.

the nice 13pt from the trailcam is still showing up off and on, so that keeps a guy interested. my camera has been out there for 4 weeks now, untouched. that will be another tell all when we go out there.

can't even concentrate on much else.

bigdaddy - cool pic.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck on your trip triggertrav. I went out scouting last nite, it looks promising!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.