Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Lung Liberators Thread (35) >

Official Team The Lung Liberators Thread (35)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Lung Liberators Thread (35)

Old 10-16-2009, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys sorry i havent been on here that much but i've be HUNTIN, the weather has gotten really good here on the east coast..cold temps over night, alittle rain but for the most part has been good hunting weather, i was out last night and i was sitting in the back field of my property and it had gotten to dark to shot in the woods..(was sittin 35 yards in the woods) off of the field. So i climb down out of the climber and get everything packed up walk out to the field as quietly as possible and i see a deer standing about 135 yards out and all i can see it the white on its chest and white around the eyes..So i put my climber down and grab the binos, There he stands one of the biggest bucks on the property, saw him in the Summer but this was the first sitting since he is out of velvet.. He is a man frame 9 point but one of the biggest 9's i have ever seen..Hes Big with some nice chocolate antlers..so i packed up all my stuff and about faced and went through the woods trying not to spook him..I will just add him to the list of the bucks im chaseing Him and the 11 point.. I have seen alot of deer in the past couple of weeks and could have contributed to the team as far as does go but i have a while before the season is over so i will give it some time and let it pan out but i will have a doe and possibly a buck before its all said and done..

Good luck to all,

-NICK
Old 10-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTER818
Well guys sorry i havent been on here that much but i've be HUNTIN, the weather has gotten really good here on the east coast..cold temps over night, alittle rain but for the most part has been good hunting weather, i was out last night and i was sitting in the back field of my property and it had gotten to dark to shot in the woods..(was sittin 35 yards in the woods) off of the field. So i climb down out of the climber and get everything packed up walk out to the field as quietly as possible and i see a deer standing about 135 yards out and all i can see it the white on its chest and white around the eyes..So i put my climber down and grab the binos, There he stands one of the biggest bucks on the property, saw him in the Summer but this was the first sitting since he is out of velvet.. He is a man frame 9 point but one of the biggest 9's i have ever seen..Hes Big with some nice chocolate antlers..so i packed up all my stuff and about faced and went through the woods trying not to spook him..I will just add him to the list of the bucks im chaseing Him and the 11 point.. I have seen alot of deer in the past couple of weeks and could have contributed to the team as far as does go but i have a while before the season is over so i will give it some time and let it pan out but i will have a doe and possibly a buck before its all said and done..

Good luck to all,

-NICK

Nick, in this contest does don't count. We need bucks. Good luck bud.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know Ben i wrote it different then i ment...i know we need bucks..Srill waiting for one of those bucks to make a mistake..

Good luck to all..

-NICK
Old 10-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yo guys. Been a while since I checked in. Been a wet season so far here. I've got two tags left. The lone doe tag won't get filled until I punch the buck tag. I am expecting to see some action pick up this week. Friday and Saturday are fun days in the woods every year as Friday is my BDay and Sat is Halloween. Keep grinding fellas and we will get some bone on the board.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Will be in the woods..Wed,Thurs,Fri..cant hunt saturday would like to but cant..

Good luck to all, that time is almost upon us!!

-NICK
Old 10-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Bartender

Hey gents so far its been a bit slow on my end helping a new hunter to the ranks that had gotten permission to hunt the same piece of property I have to hunt.
I have to say I am proud of me because i almost took the wrong path to getting po'd but instead decided to embrass him and welcome him to the sport. He is 21 and fresh out of boot camp so the first thing I had him do was take a couple shots to see what kind of work I have ahead of me. The kid can shoot I have found out so I just pretty much spent 4 hours with him Saturday morning explaining the property and how not to mess up the land with to much of his presence. Turns out last a week ago Sunday he trampled all over the place. grrrr Well anyways i got him all set he had a tree pick out that I had used 4 years ago so I knew he was on the right track lol He asked if he could use my ladder stand on yesterdays mornings hunt which of course I said yes.
Well I guess I am one hell of a coach at around 8am I get a text he shot a doe but thought he had shot it high. He said he was going to get some coffee and wait a bit
which impressed me all the well. Unfortunatly he could not find her and it was determined with the help of his experienced grandfather that he had hit the should blade plate. He explained to me that he indeed shot a little fast instead of taking his time and I said been there done that so he will be ok.
Oh you know that tree of his and mine I talked about earlier well that same morning
he got on cam a beautiful big 10 pointer working a scrape at 07:00 in front of the game cam he has setup. That tree is about 100 yards from the ladder so I am going to wack him later this afternoon. He has to shoot a doe before he can shoot a buck here in Wisconsin and I already have my buck sticker. See sometimes other hunters can help you as he did with the camera lol Chat you all soon.

T
Old 10-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Went out Sunday morning and saw 4 does (2 does, a doe fawn, and a button buck) and a small half rack buck. On the way out (2.5 hours after seeing the deer), I saw the 4 does go across an open field trotting. I waited for my dad to get to the cart to head home and while he was walking up, we heard movement in the corn. We knew it was a deer, so I turned on the handycam and he knocked an arrow (my bow was already in the case). I saw the buck but never got him on camera through the corn. He was only about 8 yards from me. My dad never saw him though. It looked like a dark rack and possibly a large 1.5 year old 8 point or a small 2.5 year old. He ended up following the corn upwind of us to where the does were and got on their trail and trotted across the same open field. Appeared to be a decent 8 point, would have to get a better look to see if he's a shooter or not.

Can't wait till Sunday...vacation for a week and all I plan on doing is sitting in the woods with the bow and video camera.

Good luck to all of you as the rut approaches!
Old 10-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys not much to report on my end. It's been a soggy season for us in PA so far, but things should be firing up for us real soon. Will be in a tree Friday and Satuday for sure, with vacation time the last week of our season. Come on cold temp's.

Good luck,

Brian
Old 10-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys no Buck yet, i was setting up this afternoon at about 3:00 i get into my set and am putting all my stuff on the hangers and yada, yada yada, and i hear a stick break close to me well i look over my shoulder and bam there is a buck a BIG one and he is about ten yards away and is staring right at me i stood so still and he ended up takeing off like a bat out of hell still, never saw him the rest of the night past up a couple little basket racked bucks... But boys the buck are out cruising and its all a matter of time before i have one on the ground its lookin good!!

Good luck to all in the comeing week or two..

-NICK
Old 11-03-2009, 04:44 AM
Bartender

Slow on my end any updates team?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.