HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Lung Liberators Thread (35)
Old 10-25-2009, 10:21 PM
peakrut
Bartender

Hey gents so far its been a bit slow on my end helping a new hunter to the ranks that had gotten permission to hunt the same piece of property I have to hunt.
I have to say I am proud of me because i almost took the wrong path to getting po'd but instead decided to embrass him and welcome him to the sport. He is 21 and fresh out of boot camp so the first thing I had him do was take a couple shots to see what kind of work I have ahead of me. The kid can shoot I have found out so I just pretty much spent 4 hours with him Saturday morning explaining the property and how not to mess up the land with to much of his presence. Turns out last a week ago Sunday he trampled all over the place. grrrr Well anyways i got him all set he had a tree pick out that I had used 4 years ago so I knew he was on the right track lol He asked if he could use my ladder stand on yesterdays mornings hunt which of course I said yes.
Well I guess I am one hell of a coach at around 8am I get a text he shot a doe but thought he had shot it high. He said he was going to get some coffee and wait a bit
which impressed me all the well. Unfortunatly he could not find her and it was determined with the help of his experienced grandfather that he had hit the should blade plate. He explained to me that he indeed shot a little fast instead of taking his time and I said been there done that so he will be ok.
Oh you know that tree of his and mine I talked about earlier well that same morning
he got on cam a beautiful big 10 pointer working a scrape at 07:00 in front of the game cam he has setup. That tree is about 100 yards from the ladder so I am going to wack him later this afternoon. He has to shoot a doe before he can shoot a buck here in Wisconsin and I already have my buck sticker. See sometimes other hunters can help you as he did with the camera lol Chat you all soon.

T