Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

My range is under water!

Old 02-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default My range is under water!

So we have had some HEAVY rain and snow / ice melt off the last two days... I checked the basement last night, it was dry as can be......

I go to leave for work this morning and step down off the steps into the garage and hear a splash... UHHH OHHHH..... Flip the light one... Garage is full of water.. About an inch deep.... [:'(]

So I quickly turn around and go look in the basement.... Yep....4 or so inches of water in the whole thing, and it was still rising.... [:@]

I put on my boots and go to check my two sump pumps, both are running..... So I go to my brothers house to pick up a pool pump to help supplement the sump pumps, I get home about 45 minuets later and the water has risen to about 6 inches....

So now I have both sump pumps running along with the pool pump and it has leveled off the rising water and has dropped the water level down to about 5 inches over a 2 hour period.....

Flooding is pretty bad around all my neighbors houses... I sit up higher than them as their houses are right out by the road and mine sits back 600-700 feet.....

If you are wondering why the water backed up.... Read further.... All the water from my footer drains drain into my sump pump holes in my basement, from there the sump pumps pump it out of the sump hole into two separate french drains, I guess there was to much waterhitting the footer drains than my two sump pumps could handle.

Good thing I shot my round early this week
[/align]
Old 02-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My range is under water!

The thought of this makes me cringe.................

As a new home owner, this is something I've always taken for granted in the past. Our place has a basement that is dry as a bone, and the previous owner says never got wet (looks to be true) but the thought of this still makes me cringe. I checked mine this morning just to be sure and everything is OK for now.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a bummer, hate to hear that.

Don't tell HNI Christine, or she will be looking for Carp down there.

I talked to my sister last night and she had water coming in her basement around her water supply pipe. Where it goes thru the basement wall. They just had their basement finished before Christmas. Right now it is in an area that is unfinished. They hope it stays that way. I checked mine last night and everything is OK. I live on a hill and the water pretty much runs right by. I Hope.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:05 AM

Oh man, that sucks....Guess I didn't need to tell you that though, huh??

Wish I lived closer bro, I would help w/ the clean up.....Man what a bummer....
Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 AM

Maaan.....your story made me go check mine as well.

None of your hunting stuff got ruined, did it?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's rough. 6" is a lot of water. Hope it cleans out and didn't mess too much up.

1st summer after moving into my house that "never had water" come in the basement and one huge storm and poof! About an inch or so down there. We eventually pin pointed the sources where it was coming in....after several more minor incidents and took care of them from the outside. We are now about 3-4 years leak free.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

No basement here, but my "range" is a small pond now. The area between my workshop and the hay bales is nothing but water. Guess I wear my slop boots for my next few shooting sessions.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

Oh man, that sucks....Guess I didn't need to tell you that though, huh??

Wish I lived closer bro, I would help w/ the clean up.....Man what a bummer....
You can tell who your friends are thanks.. I just got it under control... All the water is out and I have my dehumidifier working in overdrive!!

None of your hunting stuff got ruined, did it?
No, I keep all my stuff up off the floor.... With no city sewer for your foundation drains you learn pretty quick lol.

Wonder how many gallons of water was down there....

Some one with good math skills figure this out for me..... Water depth was a measured 7.5 inches, My basement is 2005 SF... How many gallons of water was that?

Old 02-06-2008, 11:29 AM

7,360 gallons
Old 02-06-2008, 11:38 AM

ORIGINAL: mobow

7,360 gallons
Damn buckeye that sucks...I got 9374 gallons. Either way it's a LOT.

Quick Reply: My range is under water!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.