HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My range is under water!
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 09:46 AM
buckeye
Giant Nontypical

Default My range is under water!

So we have had some HEAVY rain and snow / ice melt off the last two days... I checked the basement last night, it was dry as can be......

I go to leave for work this morning and step down off the steps into the garage and hear a splash... UHHH OHHHH..... Flip the light one... Garage is full of water.. About an inch deep.... [:'(]

So I quickly turn around and go look in the basement.... Yep....4 or so inches of water in the whole thing, and it was still rising.... [:@]

I put on my boots and go to check my two sump pumps, both are running..... So I go to my brothers house to pick up a pool pump to help supplement the sump pumps, I get home about 45 minuets later and the water has risen to about 6 inches....

So now I have both sump pumps running along with the pool pump and it has leveled off the rising water and has dropped the water level down to about 5 inches over a 2 hour period.....

Flooding is pretty bad around all my neighbors houses... I sit up higher than them as their houses are right out by the road and mine sits back 600-700 feet.....

If you are wondering why the water backed up.... Read further.... All the water from my footer drains drain into my sump pump holes in my basement, from there the sump pumps pump it out of the sump hole into two separate french drains, I guess there was to much waterhitting the footer drains than my two sump pumps could handle.

Good thing I shot my round early this week
[/align]