Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

My range is under water!

Old 02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My range is under water!

7.48 gallons per cubic foot X 2005 sq. feet X 0.625 feet (depth) = 9373 gallons
Old 02-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well look at it this way you could have stocked it. Not many people have both an indoor range and an indoor Bass pond.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:47 AM

Did you convert square feet to CUBIC feet?

Ahhhhhh shoot...I see where I messed up....you're right......9373 gallons.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Well look at it this way you could have stocked it. Not many people have both an indoor range and an indoor Bass pond.
I should have had Germ bring over his John boat and electric motor
Old 02-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buckeye has me so paranoid right now that I'm calling about flood insurance rates......lol.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I should have had Germ bring over his John boat and electric motor
I am on the way
Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

my grandmas basement did the same thing...same setup with the hole in the floor and sump pumps...we left 1 plugged in at all times that drained out a drain..and kept 2 pumps with alot of house handy for when it came in....never won the battle, or ever got a fighting chance...once it came in, it came in and the pumps were a lost cause...though i spent many nights down there in the cold running the hoses out the garage doors into the driveway drain and getting the squeege out to try to move the water out the garage door...thats AFTER getting everything off the floor...we kept most everything off the floor that we could...but still always had stuff to put up....

one time i was house sitting and knew to check that night...i had school the next morning...cold..parents in bed..noone else in the family cared..grandma was in florida...i battled it all night...myself...it was bad, but i did a good job...got the pumps in early on and it helped and bought me time...

id imagine a ton of people are having that problem right now in the area...campus looks like a trout stream right now...gunna be a mess when it all freezes this weekend...gunna play heck on sidewalks and concrete....i been watching water come up out of the sidewalks...its all gunna lift when it freezes back up lol...

good luck with the battle! been there..done that...aint nooooo fun...hope nothing got ruined...
Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did someone say Bass Bowfishing Tourney???
Old 02-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

So true, Mauser. There is a lot of concrete that is going to have a rough weekend. It all depends on how fast it freezes. Temps heredropped over twenty degrees since yesterday, but seem to be holding right around freezing right now.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh man thats not good at all [:@]Dam buckeye i hate hearing that, its not a finished basement is it? [X(]carpet?? My Dad had this problem when i was a kid, it had to be a toad strangler first but we would be running the shop vac on the carpets for days []

Quick Reply: My range is under water!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.