Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 2 Scores discussion

Old 01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Week 2 Scores discussion

Another tough week. Can't really make equipment excuses. I still need a new cable, but my DL is tuned right and the bow was sighted in perfectly as is blatantly obvious by my x count. I think every time I missed the x ring, I put it clean into the 9. One shot I even managed to toss out of the yellow into thetomato patch as a clean 7 [:@]. It's been a while since I've put one in the red. There is nothing worse in the world than a 27 - 2x.....lol. I've seen guys shoot perfect 450's with lower x counts than I had tonight .

The first game I was just really nervous for some reason, we had a full house tonight of 2 lines of shooters with 14 guys on the bottom target line,and another 14 guys on the top line.I ended up with some dude that was constantly sticking me in the back with his bow for the first few ends until I asked him to be a bit more careful, and I unfortunately letmy irritationget into my head. I reallydidn't settle down until after the first game.

My coach says that anytime I write or journal about my performance that it's critical to end it on a good note. I can say I shot a pretty good last 2x games tonight, and that I let down morewhen I knew that it wasn't going to be a perfect shot.Every time I let down tonight, I ended up shooting an X when I set myself back up. It also felt awesome to end the game with a 30-3x end.

Getting back in front of the coach again starting next week. I'm really looking forard to the next several weeks.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

aslowlearner and I will be shooting tomorrow at 3:00 in the upstairs of the church. Since you all are just virtual friends, I don't really have to compete with you...since he is a real person, I will have to do my best to beat his pants off!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I shot my personal best tonight.

444-21x's [:-]

Shot's were breaking awesome tonight and the new Ross is really working for me.

EDIT: buckeye that is an AWESOME score with hunter equipment.
Nice shooting Matt!
Old 01-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Typical Buck

Some very good scores going up; nice shooting, gang. I'd like to be able to get back to some shooting like that and will just have to keep working at the shoulder, I guess. Very shaky, especially by the third shot each end.

However, I still have to be pleased with my improvement over the first week. Even just by looking at the 2 targets, shot spread is much tighter this week than last. Lowest scoring arrows tonight were 8's, so that's something to build on.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Matt/TN.....that's great shooting.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heck all you guys are putting up verygood scores. I'd like to see you extend your sessions into 600 rounds and see if you could keep it going.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Heck all you guys are putting up verygood scores. I'd like to see you extend your sessions into 600 rounds and see if you could keep it going.
Nooo! I'm tired after 45 arrows. I would be all over the place those last 15.(not that I'm not all over the place as it is)
Old 01-18-2008, 08:33 PM

I shot 2-450 rounds back to back twice this week, and both times i scored better in the second round. Today i scored a 416-9x, then settled down and scored my highest 422-5x. I am really impressed with this score. My x count was aweful but i had a lot of tens. I caught myself flinging arrows on a couple shots so i took a couple minutes to get together then carried on. This prolly isnt the best way to get better but i just like shooting that much and i didnt have anything else to do.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

I shot 2-450 rounds back to back twice this week, and both times i scored better in the second round. Today i scored a 416-9x, then settled down and scored my highest 422-5x. I am really impressed with this score. My x count was aweful but i had a lot of tens. I caught myself flinging arrows on a couple shots so i took a couple minutes to get together then carried on. This prolly isnt the best way to get better but i just like shooting that much and i didnt have anything else to do.
Dude you are going to be smoking the other white meat when this league is over [:-]
Old 01-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I would have to drop my poundage. 61lbs for me gets rough towards the last game. I have it maxed out for 3D.

Quick Reply: Week 2 Scores discussion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.