Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 2 Scores discussion

Old 01-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Week 2 Scores discussion

Well, not the direction I wanted to go. It really was just a couple of arrows poorly shot. I could make excuses with the 24 degree weather and the 15 mph wind, but it is hunter class, right? And this is certainly hunter weather. Definitely gloves next week. My hands were froze by the time my son and I finished. He wanted to keep shooting (after an hour and a half). What a trooper.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:00 PM

Well I'll tell ya....This was my very first ever Vegas game, and it's tough. But I guess a 421 w/ 7x isn't too bad. I was really disappointed in my X count though. I was hammering the 10 ring, but I just couldn't close the deal on those X's......I really need to learn to let down and start over when the shot doesn't feel right.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

Well I'll tell ya....This was my very first ever Vegas game, and it's tough. But I guess a 421 w/ 7x isn't too bad. I was really disappointed in my X count though. I was hammering the 10 ring, but I just couldn't close the deal on those X's......I really need to learn to let down and start over when the shot doesn't feel right.
Same here with letting down. I know what you mean about getting 10's but no Xs. I shot a practice round yesterday and shot a 422-5x. I dont get how you score that high with only 5 xs but it happened.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:20 PM

And ya know what really ticks me off? On my last 5 ends, I shot 30's on the first 2.... one of which all three were X's.....THEN, I shot a 9-9-8 and the last 6 shots were 9's......AHHHHHHHHHH
Old 01-19-2008, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

And ya know what really ticks me off? On my last 5 ends, I shot 30's on the first 2.... one of which all three were X's.....THEN, I shot a 9-9-8 and the last 6 shots were 9's......AHHHHHHHHHH
Yea my middle game I shot a 145-4x. I only got 2-9s till the last 3 shots i got 9-9-9...lol I was mad at myself but happy cuz that was a best for me.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dropped my poundage today to get the speed on my 337 comp down to about 282. It feels pretty darn good now. I shot a 5spot round tonight and shot my highest x count yet. I just hate these little Vegas super x's.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

That round yesterday almost killed me. I havent shot my bow in a long time and it showed. A 353 with 4 X's, that is just downright horrible. It is definantly harder thanI thought it would be.that being saidI would give my self extra credit for shooting in the rain.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would take the rain. At least it would be warmer. Despite my poor performance, I am glad I shot yesterday. Today it is about 10 F and gusty 20-25 mph winds. I will still get out today, but at least I won't have to post my score. Maybe it is time to pay for range time.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't wait to shoot my round tommorow. Not sure how much improving I can do on my score though. That round was like the kid that killsa 200" P&Y his first time into the woods [8D]
Old 01-20-2008, 11:47 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

I shot 2-450 rounds back to back twice this week, and both times i scored better in the second round. Today i scored a 416-9x, then settled down and scored my highest 422-5x. I am really impressed with this score. My x count was aweful but i had a lot of tens. I caught myself flinging arrows on a couple shots so i took a couple minutes to get together then carried on. This prolly isnt the best way to get better but i just like shooting that much and i didnt have anything else to do.
Dude you are going to be smoking the other white meat when this league is over [:-]
That's the plan! He is more of a natural shot than me. I have to work hard to get better.

Quick Reply: Week 2 Scores discussion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.