2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 2 Scores discussion

Old 01-16-2008, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Week 2 Scores discussion

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Troy I don't know.....but I'm guessing (PURE Guess) I'd drop 10 points or more. Heck it could be more.
This is what I'd say I lost from shooting outside, maybe a bit more. It was pretty windy and I had to hold much longer, or tryto time a larger weave.

This week I plan to stand inside an unheated room and shoot out the doorway to a target. Won't take care of the cold, but will block the wind.

(and if anyone is worried about safety, the doorway is completely windowed the entire length of theroom on both sides so no one can walk in front of it without me seeing)
Old 01-16-2008, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Buckeye. GMMAT, JM..anyone else who's putting up numbers better than me ..lol You shooting Vanes or Feathers?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Buckeye. GMMAT, JM..anyone else who's putting up numbers better than me ..lol You shooting Vanes or Feathers?
Gr8, I'm shooting the same exact arrows you are using. Orange 4" low profile x-vanes. I believe buckeye is using these too.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Matt/GR8.....

I have NO IDEA what I'm shooting. I'm shooting exactly what Matt/PA and RJ told me to buy! I assume they're the same thing he's shooting, though.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm looking at the pic of your target Jeff on the scores thread and it looks like 4" low profile x-vanes as well. I know Matt / PA likes the 4" low profile flex fletch FLP-400's as well.......also a really good vane for hunter class. The Flex Fletch is slightly lighter in weight to keep arrow weight down and speed up, but the bohning x-vanes are much more durable and take less prep work to get them to adhere right. Either way, if you want a 4" vane for bowhunter class these two selections are the cream of the crop IMHO.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I usually shoot the Bohning X-Vanes but I currently have the LP duravanes on...... I need new arrows...... I am not sure which I will put on this time.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:30 PM

Well i finally lowered my poundage earlier this week and after getting used to the feel I am shooting pretty well. I had my record amount of 10s as well as Xs, but it seemed like i would shoot an X then next arrow shoot a nine. I only had a couple eights which i am pleased with. I am slowly progressing. I got some bigger diameter arrows on the way, which i'm sure will help a little. I also got a carter chocolate addiction release coming my way as well. I was one point away from my goal. So it's definitely an improvement.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot my personal best tonight.

444-21x's [:-]

Shot's were breaking awesome tonight and the new Ross is really working for me.

EDIT: buckeye that is an AWESOME score with hunter equipment.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I shot my personal best tonight.

444-21x's [:-]

Shot's were breaking awesome tonight and the new Ross is really working for me.

EDIT: buckeye that is an AWESOME score with hunter equipment.
Plenty more where that came from kiddo.....

I am going to start trying next week [8D]
Old 01-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am shooting CX Maxima 3D Select-350arrows with 2" blazers. Not fatties by any means, but fatter than my FMJ's for sure.

Quick Reply: Week 2 Scores discussion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.