Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 1 Scores Talk

Old 01-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Week 1 Scores Talk

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I think I am going to bust out my old fat aluminums for the rest of this league. I need all the help I can get.
That's not a bad idea! Lots of guys in tournaments shooting fat aluminums.......[8D]. If they fly good and you have some that are straight then why not?
Old 01-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I could see you putting up a 450. Not sure about X's. Not sure what you usually shoot.
We'll see. I've only shot one perfect 450 game before (just before this past hunting season) and I haven't had the time to practice the way I need to in order to perform at that level in quite some time. Hopefully this will change though since I have 11 yards in the basement at the house now to keep things clean between trips to a range with a full 20 yards. I still have to get a target butt down there, and wire in some lighting as well, hopefully in the next week or two I can get this done.Iaverage 24-28X's on a 450 round, but buckeye is hot on my trail.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

That's a pretty fair sized basement.....to get a clear 65+ feet.

Congrats.
I'd kill for his basement. IIRC, I think he has a full 25 yards down there? Must be nice........lol......all I want is 20 yards and an 8' ceiling. I gotta stick the top limb between floor joists to clear everything. [8D]
Old 01-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I think I am going to bust out my old fat aluminums for the rest of this league. I need all the help I can get.
That's not a bad idea! Lots of guys in tournaments shooting fat aluminums.......[8D]. If they fly good and you have some that are straight then why not?
They are the leftovers from about 3-4 years ago when I switched to carbons. They are all straight and will just need a quick retune. I figured I would have gained 6-8 pts with a fatter shaft.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gonna shoot a couple more practice shots tonight and try to put the 3 spot up tomorrow night.I've never shot a 3 spot target before[&:].....should be fun![8D]Should be able to turn in a score by tomorrow night or Friday morning. It'll be hard to find time this weekend cause I'll be moving into the new house. I've got a pole barn out back that I will turing into my new range.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Iaverage 24-28X's on a 450 round, but buckeye is hot on my trail.
I doubt you have much to worry about bro.... I shot two 300 rounds this year for warmups.... That was the first 450 round I shot this year...

Both of my 300 rounds were 291 10X...... Just about the same as my first 30 arrows yesterday..... I would have shot a 293 12X if I would have stopped at the 300 round. I just hit a groove and shot a good last game....

I might have to go shoot a round somewhere to see how it affects my score, it has been a few years since I shot on a crowded line.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buckeye got me thinking about shooting in the basement. I opened the door into my workroom and the one leading into the main room in my basement and I can shoot 20 yards there. I just have to rope off the stairs so nobody gets one between the eyes.

I shot a few arrows tonight. Between being inside and my new Verifier Lens, I am ready to ROCK. It feels much better shooting inside as opposed to the backyard this time of year.

I am planning on shooting my first round tomorrow night. I'll post the score when I'm done.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tough night tonight guys, I shot a lot of great shots but I was simply very unprepared with my equipment and took a beating because of it. No excuses........I know what I have to do to fix the problem...[&:].
Old 01-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Typical Buck

So, Rick - you think you took a beating tonight. In your honor, I have redefined the meaning of the word. It was ugly. Sure got lots of work to do on the old shoulder yet. But at least I've got lots of wiggle room for improvement.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got my "New to me" Ross 337 Competiton today. She's already busting X's and shafts . I've got to get a different module on it "I think" and then I'll be ready to ROCK!
Old 01-10-2008, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I got my "New to me" Ross 337 Competiton today. She's already busting X's and shafts . I've got to get a different module on it "I think" and then I'll be ready to ROCK!
After you fix the module what will your next excuse be?

Quick Reply: Week 1 Scores Talk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.