HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Week 1 Scores Talk (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/226195-week-1-scores-talk.html)

MOmightymite 01-07-2008 08:16 PM

Week 1 Scores Talk

Well week one went pretty well. I was shooting for a 430 and got a 418. Not the best score but it gives me something to improve on. I had 3 awful rounds were I shot 26,26-1x, and 25. I could feel myself getting tired and i would pull pretty bad sometimes. I hadnt shot a 450 round vegas before and wasnt used to the extra shots. If I was shooting a 300 league I would have tied my highest score with a 280. The good news is there was a few low rounds that will boost me up if I improve in the future. Overall, I am happy with my score because I know I can shoot better than that and it will give me something to improve on.

Matt/TN 01-07-2008 08:25 PM

RE: Week 1 Scores Talk

I'm going into week one with an open mind. I might surprise myself, you never know.

MOmightymite 01-07-2008 08:35 PM

Yea. I know I am not going to be on the top of the list, but If i can become a better shot in the end it is worth it.

I think i need to turn down my bow after our season ends(Jan 15th) because I am shooting like 67lbs, and I think i would increase my score by a few points by just lowering the weight.

GMMAT 01-08-2008 10:36 AM

Well I don't know what happened.....but I'll post my ends/games, tonight (I left my target at the shop). I shot my first round during lunch.....and my first ever 450 round at 20 yds.

I'm as surprised as anyone..........431/14x

Rick James 01-08-2008 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Well I don't know what happened.....but I'll post my ends/games, tonight (I left my target at the shop). I shot my first round during lunch.....and my first ever 450 round at 20 yds.

I'm as surprised as anyone..........431/14x

Nice score!

You've been working that string loop and release haven't you!?! ;)

GMMAT 01-08-2008 10:49 AM

I've been shooting 20 blank bale shots every evening since I got your book and video. I posted the other day about timing difference in "float" (with the thumb release vs. the wrist). I noticed, today....that it's getting easier (or...at least if felt that way, today).

I also added a new peep with a verifier lens. I can now see my pins more clearly....and if nothing else.....it makes me FEEL more confident.

And....I just had a good day.;)

I've been back on the treadmill every day since New Years....but I'm getting back in the gym, tonight. I probably won't be able to shoot (too sore) for a week.....which is why I shot, today.:D

Also.....LIKELY a difference between vets of this stuff and me (a beginner).....is...it bothers me not to have a 30/0 end. I had 2-3 of those, today. I can see if I was really competitive in this....that would bother me. Im shootin' big 'ol fat arrows, too!:D

Rick James 01-08-2008 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I've been shooting 20 blank bale shots every evening since I got your book and video. I posted the other day about timing difference in "float" (with the thumb release vs. the wrist). I noticed, today....that it's getting easier (or...at least if felt that way, today).

I also added a new peep with a verifier lens. I can now see my pins more clearly....and if nothing else.....it makes me FEEL more confident.

And....I just had a good day.;)
Now here's the secret.

Keep doing what your doing for another 2x weeks or so, and the blank bale shots should still be 95% of your practice. Keep the full distance games only at once a week for your HNI score.If you just have to go out and shoot something go shoot some 3D........stay away from spots for now except for your once a week scores for this league. In another 2x weeks or so let's plan to get together and talk again and I'll share some additional stuff to help you with that timing that would be a great next step for you to build upon what your learning with that blank bale now.

Keep in mind for your weekly scores........have no expectations of your score. I can't begin to share with you how important this is. Practice those 20x blank bale shots and just focus on setting each one up perfectly and the same way each time for now, and when it comes game time for your HNI score just focus on the X, trust your shot execution to do what your training for with that blank bale, and let the cards fall where they may. The scores will come. I'd bet $$ if you keep doing what your doing you will be amazed at what happens by end of this league......7 short weeks.

Congrats to you for having the discipline to do those 20 shots a night. I'm impressed. ;)

GMMAT 01-08-2008 11:05 AM

Thanks, Matt. I had no expectations, today....and I'm not setting myself up for failure....BUT....I have none (expectations) next time I shoot, either (How can I...I've never done it!:D).

It'll be what it'll be.

I can guarantee you the only shooting I'll do is this league.....and a Sat. morning round or two of 3D. I won't shoot targets. It's still boring, to me. It's fine.....just boring. If we had a league or something....I'd probably get into it more.

Rest of the time.....blank bale.

Thanks for all your help. I need to send your stuff back. PM me your address....and I'll get them out.

rybohunter 01-08-2008 11:16 AM

Jeff,
We still going to shoot a round or 2 with trad gear for fun?

Now that I see these targets in real life, at 10 yds I hope to be able to register a score for most if not all shots. I don’t know if I will be able to get a round in this week with the trad gear, but it does help that I can shoot that one in my basement.

GMMAT 01-08-2008 11:22 AM

Sure, Rybo. Let's just agree that we'll post 3 scores with the trad gear....."whenever".

Good luck. I'm hoping to hit every target as my goal. I'm being realistic;):D(I HOPE!)