Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Indoor Leagues
 I realized something about 450 Vegas >

I realized something about 450 Vegas

2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

I realized something about 450 Vegas

Old 01-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Default I realized something about 450 Vegas

It takes a long time to shoot 45 shots.

Granted....not as long as it takes to shoot 60.....but still a good deal of time.

Isn't there a 300 Vegas "game", too? I think I could shoot that one on my lunch hour pretty easily.

How long does it take you guys to shoot a 450 "round"? (OK....what the heck do you call it?.."game" /"round"/????)
Old 01-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I realized something about 450 Vegas

I honestly haven't shot a 45 yet. I kind of wish we would have done 30 arrows. It's alot quicker, and I'd say it's easier for people to complete too.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

And it's boring...LOL[8D] Not a fan of paper shooting. It will make you a better 3D shooter and hunter, you have to hit what your aiming at but man is it boring.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will let you know how long about Tuesday
Old 01-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm going to try to get my round in tommorow. My scores are going to really stink until i get my target bow
Old 01-07-2008, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

And it's boring...LOL[8D] Not a fan of paper shooting. It will make you a better 3D shooter and hunter, you have to hit what your aiming at but man is it boring.

Well I shoot 60 it takes about an hour and a half.. Your only supposed to have 2.5 minutes to get off your 3 shots.. I shoot quick and have to wait on the line to finish..sigh

Is it boring?? I dunno beats sitting on the couch watching the tube ..I reckon it depends on who your shooting against and what the stakes are...
Old 01-07-2008, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I honestly haven't shot a 45 yet. I kind of wish we would have done 30 arrows. It's alot quicker, and I'd say it's easier for people to complete too.
That’s twice you’ve commented about poor scores until your target bow comes in. There are 2 classes, and how bad can you be? If your scores are THAT bad with a hunting rig, then why are you even hunting with it?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be nice, Rybo. I have to wonder, though, if you don't even have your target bow yet, it is going to be some time until you get it "dialed in".

I agree with the long shoot times for the 45 arrows. It is compounded for my son and I since we are sharing a shooting area. We may have to do our shoots at the pro shop just to speed things up.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to try to get my round in tommorow. My scores are going to really stink until i get my target bow
If you think ahead of time that your scores will stink, they probably will. Work hard to prepare by training on the things we have discussed, and then shoot the score that you have prepared for. That's all you can do . Your setting yourself up for failure from the beginning by saying "My scores are going to really stink". Fact is that your shooting against a lot of guys that have put in more time and prepared hard for several years, you may not end up on top........but I'd be willing to bet that at the end of this thing you will be shooting some great scores if you focus on what's important (your shot execution) rather than your score. The scores will come if you focus on what you need to do.........if you really want to get good at this archery thing the last thing you should worry about now is your score. Gospel.

Remember guys, this is supposed to be fun........don't turn it into work or you will burn out before you have a chance to shoot some great scores, and you won't take as much away from this league. [8D] I'm willing to bet when this thing is all said and done if people can keep this as a fun positive thing, we are going to see some drastic improvements, and that most of us will be better shooters when it's over.

With that said, if I'm alone it takes me 45-50 minutes to shoot a 450 vegas game.On league nights it takes about 2 hours,we have two shooting lines (top and bottom butts) with 14 guys on each line, and lots of BS'ing, deer hunting stories, food to snack on, etc between ends. It's a great time and social event, and honestly there isn't much in the winter time I like to do as much. As was already said, it beats sitting on the couch for a Wednesday night, that's for sure.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

If you think ahead of time that your scores will stink, they probably will. Work hard to prepare by training on the things we have discussed, and then shoot the score that you have prepared for. That's all you can do . Your setting yourself up for failure from the beginning by saying "My scores are going to really stink". Fact is that your shooting against a lot of guys that have put in more time and prepared hard for several years, you may not end up on top........but I'd be willing to bet that at the end of this thing you will be shooting some great scores if you focus on what's important (your shot execution) rather than your score. The scores will come if you focus on what you need to do.........if you really want to get good at this archery thing the last thing you should worry about now is your score. Gospel.

I know Matt. I shouldn't be thinking that way. We'll see how it goes. I'm probably going to shoot my round tommorow.

Quick Reply: I realized something about 450 Vegas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.