HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I realized something about 450 Vegas
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I realized something about 450 Vegas

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I'm going to try to get my round in tommorow. My scores are going to really stink until i get my target bow
If you think ahead of time that your scores will stink, they probably will. Work hard to prepare by training on the things we have discussed, and then shoot the score that you have prepared for. That's all you can do . Your setting yourself up for failure from the beginning by saying "My scores are going to really stink". Fact is that your shooting against a lot of guys that have put in more time and prepared hard for several years, you may not end up on top........but I'd be willing to bet that at the end of this thing you will be shooting some great scores if you focus on what's important (your shot execution) rather than your score. The scores will come if you focus on what you need to do.........if you really want to get good at this archery thing the last thing you should worry about now is your score. Gospel.

Remember guys, this is supposed to be fun........don't turn it into work or you will burn out before you have a chance to shoot some great scores, and you won't take as much away from this league. [8D] I'm willing to bet when this thing is all said and done if people can keep this as a fun positive thing, we are going to see some drastic improvements, and that most of us will be better shooters when it's over.

With that said, if I'm alone it takes me 45-50 minutes to shoot a 450 vegas game.On league nights it takes about 2 hours,we have two shooting lines (top and bottom butts) with 14 guys on each line, and lots of BS'ing, deer hunting stories, food to snack on, etc between ends. It's a great time and social event, and honestly there isn't much in the winter time I like to do as much. As was already said, it beats sitting on the couch for a Wednesday night, that's for sure.