HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I realized something about 450 Vegas
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Matt/TN
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I realized something about 450 Vegas

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I'm going to try to get my round in tommorow. My scores are going to really stink until i get my target bow
If you think ahead of time that your scores will stink, they probably will. Work hard to prepare by training on the things we have discussed, and then shoot the score that you have prepared for. That's all you can do . Your setting yourself up for failure from the beginning by saying "My scores are going to really stink". Fact is that your shooting against a lot of guys that have put in more time and prepared hard for several years, you may not end up on top........but I'd be willing to bet that at the end of this thing you will be shooting some great scores if you focus on what's important (your shot execution) rather than your score. The scores will come if you focus on what you need to do.........if you really want to get good at this archery thing the last thing you should worry about now is your score. Gospel.

I know Matt. I shouldn't be thinking that way. We'll see how it goes. I'm probably going to shoot my round tommorow.