Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4) >

Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Community

Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Old 09-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 4 Thread

I don't know about being settled but we are here. I am headed to Nebraska tomorrow and I am going to hunt Saturday morning for a few hours. Maybe I will get lucky and put one down on the first outing this year. Good luck in MT
Old 09-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks bud. It will be a great time just experiencing hunting in a whole new place. Did you move because of a job or just a pure relocation? I'll be honest, I am kind of looking for a cool place to move. Just kinda need a fresh start somewhere. Of course, I would have to find a job unless this lotto ticket hitsOh man would that be sweet though! Endless hunting trip around the world... or at least the USI'll take my pals from HNI on a trip of their choice. Where/what would like to hunt Justin?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I want to hunt Dall Sheep in Alaska one day and a big Yukon Moose.

I grew up here in Wyoming and my wife did as well. There are all kinds of jobs here and we really missed the mountains. So I switched jobs from being a Design Engineer to being a Reliabilty Engineer for one of the Coal Mines out here in eastern Wyoming. I needed a change and this one is going to be great.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, the laundry is all done and packed away. I'm drilling holes in my target with BH's and the season is one week away. The waiting is killing me!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTW, I did ge out and hunt Saturday morning and seen a doe and two fawns and that was it. It was great to be in the stand for the first time this year.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Man all you lucky doggs hunting big game! I gotlike 20+ days [:@]to go. I've been busyputting inmy coal/wood stove and building a chimney. What a job whooa. Been doingpretty good with thegoose hunting when we get out. This is thecrazy time of year for me getting everything inline beforearchery and winter season sothat's whyyou don't see me on as often. Not much to reportotherthan chores. Now the restof you that are allready inthe action. Where's the reports!?
Old 09-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is right above your post. I only have gotten out once and there was not much action. It got up to about 88 degrees really quick so it wasn't even fun really. It was nice to get the first hunt in though.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well boys we will be on the board... I think. I shot a little mule deer in MT. He isn't big but it was a great stalk and just a ton of fun to get him. The issue is I don't know if my bow made it into any of the pictures. I think it will be in the background on some but if not I will just bribe Rob b/c it is obviously a boradhead hole (2+" rage gash). I think we will be ok. I guess I just got too excited and forgot about the whole thing.

I am going to post about the elk hunting in the general forum. It was good and a nightmare all in the same week.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats awesome Jim, Congrats on your first Mule Deer, I think it was your first anyway! So where are the pictures?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:24 AM

I am back from New Mexico. Had a great time but no bull. Came very close. Heard many bugles. Ken found both sides of a shed rack 6x6 300" no chew marks, and a 4x4 skull including ivory teeth. 2 tags, 2 racks, no meat.

Quick Reply: Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.