Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29) >

Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Old 08-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

I haven't seen one yet fellas; so I guess we need an official home. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you in the up coming season. Our fall plots are in, but we badly need rain to get them going. We have all our stands in place for the most part with just a few minor adjustments to be made so the season is looking good here. I hunt on roughly 300 acres of private land with a buddy and my fiance, and this year we'll be filming hunts for the first time; so things should be real interesting and hopefully I'll have some footage to show you guys. Let's get everyone CHECKED IN!!

290 thehairlessone! ...............CHECKED IN
83 pheasantfanatic ..............CHECKED IN
54 JFergus7 ........................CHECKED IN
104 Antler Eater ...................CHECKED IN
302 Rattlesnake1 ..................CHECKED IN
342 iowabowhunter1 .............CHECKED IN
364 RJPOUTDOORS ................CHECKED IN
97 TJF ...............................CHECKED IN
134 FLboy77 ........................CHECKED IN
altSnook384........................CHECKED IN
Old 08-20-2008, 11:04 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 29 Thread

TJF checking in. Live and hunt in ND. Got a couple nice bucks scouted up so far. Bow season starts Aug 29 so not far off at all.

Tim
Old 08-21-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm here. I will be hunting around college, but still hope to get one on the ground. I have ground to hunt here at home and just got 1800 acres to hunt near where I go to college, so I should be in good shape on hunting ground, except that I don't know anything about the new ground I just got.[&:]

Let's get some points on the board this year!!!!!!

By the way, let's tel everyone what bow we will be using. I am going to using either my Hoyt ViperTec or my Pearson Z-32. Probably alternating between them at times.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:34 AM

FLboy77 signing in!!! I mainly hunt public land here in FL. but Ive got some good spots and high hopes

Lets Whoop some Tail!!!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old Antler Eater, a survivor, (though not always the winner), of many encounters with the "wicked horned ones"; is checking in and reporting for duty!

Tim!!! Ah, it is good to go into battle with a trusted friend. I am thrilled to be on the same team again, it will allow me to keep better track of my agingpuppy up there.I trust this year you will drop one of those 160ish brutes for "our" side. Your season starts early I hope you have your cheer leading out fit ready (OMG, it has been a while,you still fit into it don't you???).

All kidding aside, I will be leaving next week and team 29 won't hear from me for right around a month. Starting out in Colorado for elk for about a week, kind of a warm up, then off to Canada for a bear hunt with an Uncle. When I am done there it will be back to elk hunting hopfully in the heat of the rut. We didn't draw our "pet" area so it is going to take some real effort to score, but the fun is in the journey right?

To be honest, I have been so busy that I am as far behind on the whitetail front that I have ever been. I have a few stands up but no where near full capacity. Our season starts Oct. 1st so there won't be time to get much done before the opener. I will persist and who knows, come the end of November I might even get one on the ground with the old Bowtech.

I am looking forward to getting to know each person on the team and hearing all of the stories a season generates.

As a side bar; Let's be sure that everyone carries a camera with them to the woods this year. Last year two of my team members for whatever reasonseither failed to get photos of their kill or failed to get the bow in the picture. Even though this is allin fun I can tell you it was very disappointing for the rest of the team especially since we were in contention for the top spot.

...Let the games begin.......

Old 08-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

I know Tim always has his homework done on the bucks, and it's great having him here....like AE said, perhaps he'll drop one of them for the team. Only the first day in, and we already have half the team checked in so we're looking pretty good so far. When we get the rest of them here; we should probably start thinking of a team name and captain.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tim has a cheer leading out fit? Great team, good luck this season.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW TJF and Antler Eater on the same team sounds like trouble to me[&:].
Old 08-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

what's up guys?? Glad we got the teams posted. I hunt on private land here in kansas and have some high hopes this year.

I think we need to pick us a team captain dont we?

rick

Old 08-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: thehairlessone!

what's up guys?? Glad we got the teams posted. I hunt on private land here in kansas and have some high hopes this year.

I think we need to pick us a team captain dont we?

rick
I didn't know you were from Kansas!!! So am I. Whereabouts are you at????? I am in North Central Kansas at Portis..... south of Smith Center to give you an idea......

Quick Reply: Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.