Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24) >

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Community

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Old 10-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

I made it out to the farm on Sunday afternoon. I took a ground blind and a lock-on stand to setup forrut hunts. I was in the process of unfolding the blind when I see a yearling doe come in 25yds away and bed down. I was watching her when I hear some turkeys coming. They came down a trail that put them at 40yds. There were 6 3 having beards about 6" long. I drew back and settled in and release, only to see the arrow fall at its feet. I nock another arrow let it go and again I missed! This time they all ran off into the woods.
I go to setup my stand and while climbing the tree I look behind me to see a BIG doe @ 30yds staring at me while my bow lays on the ground. I finish and go sit in some bushes that look into the pasture and I can see the neighbors field. About 6pm the does began to enter the neighbors field. Over the next 45min a total of 12 doe and 2 small bucks were in the field. I had 2 other doe come in my area but it was too dark for a shot.

I should be ready for the rut out at the farm. I'm going to take it easy out there until the end of OCT. and save it for the rut. This is only my second season to have permission on this property so I'm still learning their patterns but I should have a good setup for this season. Going in blind last year I rattled in a 130's buck so I'm hoping this year will be better.

Good luck to everyone!

Old 10-07-2008, 07:53 AM

Got out on Sunday and shot my first deer of the year
Nice big, going to be real tasty doe!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:08 AM

So far, this is the best buck I have a picture of
Camera has only been out for 2 weeks, 139 pictures

Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 AM

Buellhunter- nice buck man. You live in Iowa so I am sure you have a couple giants running around there. Congrats on the doe! She is a pretty good sized one.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:06 PM

Congrats to all the guys that have scored some does.

My opening day didn't goes as planned but I have tomorrow and Thursday off. Hopefully I can get some meat in the freezer. Wish me luck.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whats happening guys, ive been out a couple times since i shot the doe and it has been slow other than monday night. On monday i saw 4 bucks, a spike, a nice six, a basket rack six and a slammer of an 8 point for my area. He was coming into my shooting lane when the basket rack six spooked off cause of a doe. Oh well, the big 8 didnt spook, but slowly walked the way he came from. Ill be back in there tomorrow afternoon then hunting both friday and sat.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:54 AM

Congrats on the does guys! Looks like everyone is at least seeing things, thats good. I should be able to get back out on the stand once or twice this weekend, supposed to be pretty cool on Sunday, may get out that evening, or on Saturday. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been on 5 sits so far and havent seen a deer yet... I'll be out again saturday for two more sits.. we'll see what happens..
Old 10-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck !
Old 10-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

Went out last night and had a total of 3 does in range. I decided to take one she stopped perfect slightly quarted away @ 30yds I release and shoot under her but perfectly in line. I'm going to spend some time @ the range today and figure out my problem. Its not nerves, I've felt more relaxed than ever this year.

Quick Reply: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.