Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24) >

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Old 08-30-2008, 09:06 PM

Default RE: Official Team 24 Thread

Ran cams today, had a power short on one, so it was blank[:@], but got it fixed and it is back up and running in the woods. Had 190 hits in one week on my IR cam, lots of them were turkeys, lots of does, but a decent amount of bucks too. Mostly young, but did see one with at least some potential on there several times. He is an 8 or nine, right side has 4 for sure, left has 4 or 5. Pretty tall, overall good shape to the rack, but think he is probably just 3.5 years old. Might tempt me if he were to walk by just because the rack is so pretty. Hard to tell with him still in velvet though, need more pics after he sheds.

Fawns still have spots, but they are starting to loose them. Starting to catalog my does and see who is destined for the freezer this year. Maybe the old one with the scar behind her right shoulder...
Old 08-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Shawn that's some great cam photos you got there! Looks like you should have a good season. Good Luck!
Old 08-31-2008, 07:43 PM

Checked mine today and had a lot of 3.5 year olds and possibly some 4.5 year olds. What do you guys think? Age them.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:40 PM

You got some nice deer there Shawn. I especially like the one with the split brow tine on the left side. I'm not that much on aging, I just call it mature (over 3.5) or not. The first few of your pics fall in the former category, but there is one about halfway throughI am not sure about. He just looks awfully sleek to be too old.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:45 PM

Ya the one in the 5th pic is young I would say but is definitely good sized for being so young.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice bucks shawn

pic #1=2.5-3.5
#2=3.5
#3=3.5
#4=2.5
#5=3.5
#6=3.5
#7=2 3.5 year olds ..........thats what i would say the bucks are
Old 09-02-2008, 06:45 AM

Yep, 5th pic, that's the one I was talking about. Nice buck, no doubt, but another year or two...

Had a hot opening weekend for doves yesterday. Limited out in less than 2 hours (15 birds). Thousands of birds out there. Brother-in-law has a milo field that is getting ready earlier than anyone else for several miles around, it is unreal how many birds are out there. They are spread out over 160 acres, random flying, but still alot of birds. Cleaned my birds and most of dad's while he was finishing up his limit, had 'em all cleaned and back home a hour before sundown.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those are some great deer you have there. It looks like everyone is well underway in terms of scouting and what not. My season starts next sat, the 14th. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, i wont be able to hunt that day. Im going to be in St. Thomas doing a bunch of blue marlin fishing. I get back on the 18th and will be out in the treestand the morning of the 19th hopefully to get my doe. I got a few pics of some smaller bucks, one is a decent sized buck with a wacky left side, i should give him another year, but ive never seen a buck that i have passed on the year before, so depending on my mood and his character he has, he may be getting it. Time will tell. Hope you all had a good labor day. Im sure you guys are pumped as well, lets make this happen.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:06 AM

Good luck on the fishing. Last time I was out after Marlin was when I was stationed in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii in the early 90's.4 or 5 of us would rent a 25' Boston Whaler with twin 150's and go chase them. Lots of fun.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:38 PM

The way I see it we are still missing saltflat on our team, is that correct? I saw where Rob was going to pick alternates tonight, so if that is the case El Capitan needs to tell him...

Stephen, Oh Steeeeeeven....

Nevermind, it looked like I was the only one on so I put us down for one in the alternate thread. Taken care of, El Jefe.

Quick Reply: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.