HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 09:16 PM
hammerman
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

I made it out to the farm on Sunday afternoon. I took a ground blind and a lock-on stand to setup forrut hunts. I was in the process of unfolding the blind when I see a yearling doe come in 25yds away and bed down. I was watching her when I hear some turkeys coming. They came down a trail that put them at 40yds. There were 6 3 having beards about 6" long. I drew back and settled in and release, only to see the arrow fall at its feet. I nock another arrow let it go and again I missed! This time they all ran off into the woods.
I go to setup my stand and while climbing the tree I look behind me to see a BIG doe @ 30yds staring at me while my bow lays on the ground. I finish and go sit in some bushes that look into the pasture and I can see the neighbors field. About 6pm the does began to enter the neighbors field. Over the next 45min a total of 12 doe and 2 small bucks were in the field. I had 2 other doe come in my area but it was too dark for a shot.

I should be ready for the rut out at the farm. I'm going to take it easy out there until the end of OCT. and save it for the rut. This is only my second season to have permission on this property so I'm still learning their patterns but I should have a good setup for this season. Going in blind last year I rattled in a 130's buck so I'm hoping this year will be better.

Good luck to everyone!