Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34) >

Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Community

Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Old 11-02-2008, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 34 thread!

congrats il hunter thats a dandy!!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:07 AM

Awesome deer! Congrats.

Things are picking up for me as well. I've been on 4 bucks the last 3 days and Im slowly closing in on them. I think today will be the day. They are using a 3 acres food plot and I've been trying to pin point exactly where they enter, I think I have it figured out now. I'll keep you guys posted!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice to say the least. I couldnt find our team thread it wasnt on page 2. lol. Well guys I am giving up on farm land deer as on tuesday. Time to head north to the big woods. With rifle season coming in next sat. I will be in a huge refuge closed to everything but archery. Buck die of old age in there. Wish me luck I wont be out till the snow gets deep or I whack one.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's really heatin up here. Bucks are dropping like flys the past few days. I know of 2 absolute whoppers taken along with another decent one. One buck with a 26" spread i didn't believe it till i saw it with my own eyes. I'll be out everyday till the season ends i'm starting to close in so hopefully I can close the deal.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Very nice buck..

I am still trying to get mine. I was in the stand Saturday night and had about a 120" 4 by 4 in front of me at 15 yards, too bad I had already let my bow down to the ground. It was too dark at the time to even be able to shoot anyways. The rut is just starting up around here so hunting should be getting better and better for the next couple of weeks..
Old 11-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on guys we're always on page 2 we gota atleast keep ourselves at the tail end of page 1 lol. I didnt get bowhunting tonight i was on my way there got 1/2 mile from my house saw 32 turkeys so my mind changed i came home grabbed a gun and went after them. I ended up harvesting a 14lb hen my first turkey so im psyched for that. I'll be back out tomorrow and everyday i have left. Good luck boys we outa start droppin em soon.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm headed out to the stand now. The rut is spotty here I went spotting lastnight saw 1 buck chasing and 2 others searching but i also saw a few fields with as many as 8 does in them bedded down so it's just getting started here i do believe. Goodluck boys.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys, I let the team down this morning. I had a shot and missed a buck @ 28 yards this morning.

We just had a snowstorm and I figured that it would kick the rut in to full gear, so I planned on going out this morning. Well when I woke up it was 25 degrees and we had a 20 mph wind out of the north, so I was second guessing myself, but decided to give it a try anyway. So I went to a piece of public land, didn't have a stand or ground blind, I was just planning on finding a spot to sit overlooking a small area that I thought maybe a rutting buck and doe would possibly come to. Well that is exactly what happened. At about seven, I see two deer run in and it was a nice 5x5 probably about 140-150 inches. So that got my heart pumping. Well they were hanging around for about 20 minutes and I really didn't think they would come my, way so I was trying to figure out a plan for tomorrow morning to be set up a little better. All of a sudden the doe comes running right for me a little upwind, perfect. So I am watching the doe, where she is going to come by me, figuring the buck would be right behind her. Well she turns and runs away, and the buck jumps the fence closer to me. So this all happened in a matter of about 10 seconds and I came to full draw and somehow stopped the buck in the perfect spot and let my arrow fly. I didn't see it hit, and I watched him run across the open field, hoping he would pile up. Well he didn't and I went and checked for blood, none. Found the arrow, no blood. Clean miss. I guess that is better than wounding him. Im sick to my stomach now and just keep thinking how i should be looking up taxidermists in the yellow pages right now..

Oh well, once again, thats why they call it hunting, and not shooting.

I had a blast this morning, just wish I could have scored us some points..
Old 11-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats the way it goes rob bowhunting is so challenging sometimes its frustrating but when you connect its great. Don't get down on yourself. Thats how it goes hey its bowhunting. I have till the 15th here than it goes out i'm trying as hard as I can guys. I've missed 4 days outa 5 weeks so far. I have one week yet so i'm gona try my hardest. My dad was with me tonight he had a 120" 8pt within 4yd but he couldn't draw. He also saw a 150"
+ deer at dark at 150yd it didnt stick around long at all. The last week here should be great. I'll try my hardest boys.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:11 AM
Fork Horn

well guys i shot an 8 piont sat morning. saw 21 deer 9 diff bucks the one i shot was the biggest i had a shot on. i buck roared in 5 diff bucks to within 20 yards. its getting good here. he scored 119 6/8 i thought he was bigger. i am very happy though and dont regret shooting him at all. well good luck to everyone else.

Quick Reply: Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.