Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34) >

Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Old 10-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 34 thread!

I'm planning on heading out tonight rain is in the forecast but it hasn't hit yet. Hopefully it lays off till after dark. The movement here has been excellent so far. The cool weather has had them on there feet early also i've been seeing most of my movement between 5:30-6:10. Hopefully it works out tonight.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of rain I havnt been out in a week. Going up north to try. Check in tomorow.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had another close call last night had a big doe and her fawn within 8yd of me she was always looking my direction so i couldn't move. I've seen here now the 2 times i've hunted the stand she comes from the same spot at the same time and walks the same trail. I'm gona be set up a little different next time im in there. I'm ready to get the ball rolling if that means putting a slickhead down before some horns thats ok by me. I also had a black coyote within 10ft of me talk about being freaked out he snuck right up on me on the ground. Couldn't get a shot off though as he took off once we made eye contact. I'll be out tomorrow good luck.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys its getting closer to the good time! i shot another doe last night. i have only had a couple basket racks in close enough toshoot though. i hung a stand in a new spot, its an over grown fence row entering into a pine grove and thick briarsits about 25 yards wide and runs about 150 yards and makes an S shapeon one side is a cut bean field and the other standing corn. i am going to wait till the last week of oct. and take Leroy (decoy) with me hopefully i can pull a bruiser out of their.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doe down for me. I finally connected with the doe who has screwed with me quite a few times now. I saw her coming for 180yd i knew the trail she was on i ranged it when it met my foodplot. 25yd she came into slightly quartering to i held square in her shoulder and let my crossbow rip she jumped and i caught her in the spine. She flopped around for a few seconds as i recocked and adminstered and finisher to the heart. Great big doe for PA. I got pics i just gota upload em. I'm happy for having a broken hip and having to hunt off a gator. I'll take it!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant see a buck to save my ass! 21 hr in the stand this weekend results 1 bear 2 black squirrel 4 doe thats it.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Spike

I haven't been seeing anything at all, but finally Saturday morning I had a doe come in and give me a 25 yard shot. Its been really slow but I think things will be picking up, its getting colder and they are getting the corn out.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:17 AM

Not much happening down south. I still have well over a month before things get interesting. I've got a trip to IL coming up in a few weeks, so you never know, I may get lucky!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heres my doe that i made the post about. I had backstrap sunday man was it good. Now it's time for some horns!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

hey deerslayer that looks like a monster doe good job. i got some good trail cam pivs a couple of days agois he a shooter?

Quick Reply: Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.