Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30) >

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Community

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Old 09-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 30 Thread

Went out at 5am and was on stand by 6am. Just enough time to settle in and getquiet. Well nothing showed up till 7:30 and I only new that cause I heard the stick snap. She came in behind me and and didn't give a shot as she ate at the base of my tree for a bit then wandered off into the thick stuff.
Walked out at 10am and pushed3 more deer over the fence as I heard the unforgettable sound of hooves touching the fence as they flew over and away from me .Was awesome to get out again ,man the colors are fading fast,leaves should be off in a week or so if we get a good wind,specially with the temps dropping starting Monday. Only expecting a high this week of 12 c [:@]. Great if your hunting. Talk to you all again Wednesday.
Rocky
Old 09-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

Dragged myself out of bed at 4:30 this morning and headed out with the bow. On the non-huntable land adjacent to where I can go, I saw 7 bucks, including a couple dandies. I think they can be enticed off there once the rut comes around.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:40 AM
Typical Buck

Hi all. I got back yesterday afternoon from my bowhunting trip to Newfoundland. I didn't get amoose, but still had several close calls. It was a fun adventure and I am giving serious consideration to going back in a few years. I came back with a busted bushing on the bow - it still shot accurately, but it needs repair. It'll be a few days before I can get back out.

A pic from the field:

Good to see some of you guys are getting out. Congrats on the goat Jack!

-fsh
Old 09-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Well boys....I found the does....lol.

Here's last night's fruits --

Time to find the bucks, now

Old 09-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Very nicely done, GMMAT. That will be delicious. Or is it 'those' will be delicious - that is, are there 2 different does there?

Andy, too bad you didn't get a moose, but I know you had a wonderful time. The antelope trip was a gas and I spent several days also trying for a doe, with no success. Several stalks that almost worked, though.

I was out before dawn this morning and set up in one of my favorite spots. Nothing but does, and fawns, however - and only bucks are open. Three times I had fawns less than 20 feet from me, while the does were busy grazing 30-35 yards. But closer than the fawns was a real dandy skunk; I was sitting on a camping stoolnestled ina screen of bushes and outit steps 5 feetin front ofme. It trundled right over to me, sniffed my boot, then went on its way.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:20 AM

well guys i am just gettin time to write... got to get in the stand for the first time tuesday evening. I didnt see anything but i did get a good nap in the treestand... statewide opens saturday and i am SO pumped... congrats GMMAT, it looks like you have cured your backstrap fever!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Due to some unforeseen circumstances.....I find myself with a lot of free time to devote to hunting, now. I'm gonna take advantage of it.....and I have to tell ya.....I'm optimistic (on all fronts).

I feel like I'm "close".

Good luck to all of you guys.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

Well done GM on the doe. Did you take her in a clover foodplot?

I just got back the bow &tweaked it this morning - looks good. I'll be getting out as soon as this coastal storm hitting the east coast clears on out.

-fsh
Old 09-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Well done GM on the doe. Did you take her in a clover foodplot?
Nope. the harvest photo was taken in my yard.....lol. She (and the other one I killed, that night) was killed in a draw between two ridges.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Jeff
Congrats on the doe,makes for some good eating,and Andy, isn't Newfoundland a great place to hunt and visit? You can't beat the people too,cept they like their booze too much LMAO.Sure hope I can get out tomorrow night for an evening hunt. My daughter is in tobe induced to have her baby tonight. I left there at 7pm. So the phone should be ringing soon,we know it's a girl and she's named her Sureahpronounced sur-aheee. Good luck and God Bless.
Rocky

Quick Reply: Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.