Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30) >

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Old 08-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 30 Thread

Good on ya, GM; nice start to a long and successful hunting career.

OK, I started duck hunting with my Dad about 55 years ago when I was just old enough to scramble after him with my Roy Rogers six shooters strapped to my hip. (Who the heck is Roy Rogers?) Didn't really get serious about big game hunting until moving away from the coast. After about 10 years of intermittent success, I've got whitetail bucks for the last 26 years running. First picked up a bow 12 years ago and my expectations regarding size of bucks took a big tumble. But I'm getting pickier year by year now.

What's nice is now I'm retired and can spend lots of time just watching the deer patterns. I also get to do a variety of hunts every year; this season it's archery pronghorns in WY early Sept, moose up north first part of Oct (actually just accompanying my son, who drew the tag this year), mule deer late Oct about 100 miles from home, and whitetails here all the rest of the time until Dec 10.

How about everyone else?

Oh ya, here's my hp with various hunting adventures:

www.angelfire.com/bc/canuck2
Old 08-25-2008, 12:25 PM

My turn i guess...

My Name is Drew.. Im 21 Im a nurse tech and a student... I have been hunting for goin on 12 years now... Only my 4th with a bow.. I just recently got on to a very good lease with some decent deer... before that I was hunting public land and not having very good luck... I have my eye on the deer i posted in my pics earlier.. season starts 09 27 here and cant wait!!
Old 08-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Canuck_2

Oh ya, here's my hp with various hunting adventures:

www.angelfire.com/bc/canuck2
Cool website!

One thing I would like to mention though is that in the whitetail hunting records, your first deer in "prior to 1987", the date under the picture says 1883. Im assuming you mean 1983[8D][&:]
Old 08-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

...the date under the picture says 1883. Im assuming you mean 1983
Wow! That has been up for years and I've never noticed it before. You have sharp eyes. I'll be changing that - thanks.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

I'm Andy, and I started bowhunting in 1964, so I've been at it a few years, lol. My handle is fish-a-fly-too if you haven't figured that out yet. I haven't gun hunted for deer since ~'74. I'ma retired engineer and my wife is a retired too; welive on a small farm in So MD.I have some great QDM land to hunt, and several other farms beside my own. I go out of state every few years, and I am now gearing up for a moose hunt in Newfoundland this fall.

I've been seeing some nice bucks around this summer, and still recall two good ones I encounteredthis pastJanuary. These first three pics are entries in the past HNI contest, the fourth pic is a second buck I took last fall.
-fsh

8 ptr, 2004

10 ptr, 2006

10 ptr, 2007

9 ptr, 2007

Old 08-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Dang fishafly.....honored to be with ya on a team!!

Congrats on your success. It'll be nice to see your '08 entry.

Thanks for checking in with your bio.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:46 PM

thats what im talkin about.. nice deer man
Old 08-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Host of Hosts

I'm Doug, 43 years old, been hunting since age 12, but only 4th year with a bow. Started a new job a few months ago, so my hunting time will be on the low side this year. Hopefully my research will pay off and I'll pick the right days.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

fsh, as always, nice bucks.

PAB, quality time over quantity; good luck to you.

This certainly isn't a deer but it's a picture I took yesterday and posted in the trail cam forum. Thought you guys might be interested. It's on a neighboring farm that has some good bucks and I will be hunting it this fall. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2985646
Old 08-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

I'm Jim from Western PA.

I've been hunting for five years and bowhunting for four. I hunt just about everything that has an open season and also do a little trapping on the side. I hunt with a bow, with a rifle, and with a muzzeloader, although bowhunting is my priority. My second year bowhunting, I arrowed a six point within 45 minutes on opening morning.The next year, I took a four point half-rack in rifle season. And last year, I took a beautiful 7 point within 15 minutes of my buddy shooting a massive bodied 10 point on the other side of the property.

As far as this year, I can't say if I have a good chance of arrowing a buck (I'd hate to jynx myself), but I have a lot more confidencein my new Bear Element than the bow I have been using the past couple years.

First buck from a few years ago...

Quick Reply: Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.