Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23) >

Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Community

Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Old 11-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Hey guys, just wanted to share a pic with you. I'm still hunting and now just earned me another buck tag. Used one earned one so that still leaves me with one. But anyway, I went out with the orange army on Saturday and put 2 arrows in theses guys. 5ptr and a bb that I had to finish off cus someone shot off its jaw. -if you haven't seen my thread on the subject.

Sorry I couldn't take a quality picture of me, the 2 deer, and my bow by myself.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go. Someone told me the other day that they saw a small 6 pt. that had it's lower jaw blown off. They didn't shoot it because it wasn't big enough! I could have killed him!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, Hoytail you did the right thing, good job. Yeah Mulie that is a pretty pathetic excuse " It wasn't big enough" them kind of people we can do without. In fact I bought the Drury's Dream Season package volumes 1-6 and I seen two instances where there were some crippled up Deer andboth times the hunters waited and shot a "bigger" Deer. Not a real good job of promoting ethics if you ask me. I have no problem with waiting for a big buck, hell I just hunted 24 days straight and never fired a shot, but I can honestly say that if a crippled deer had come by regardless of sex or size I would have done my best to put it down.
Well good luck to any of us that are still at it, it'll be 10 days before I can get out again. We're not done yet.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know, a lot of people preach ethics but.. I don't see it. Honestly, Michigan has been the worst place I have hunted as far as ethics and people go. Ofcoarse not everyone is bad. There just seems to be a ton of bad apples..

Did anyone check into this?

Correct me if I am wrong but I just ran the #s ...we are at 489 5/8 ... with Gregs hawg added that puts us in 3rd???

Old 11-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have been updated! 3rd, we are!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys checking in here. Had a busy 5 days of hunting over Thanksgiving. I called in one real nice 3.5 year old 3x5 NT thathave trail cameras of. Anyway I just watched him knowing I wasnt going to shoot him. He came into 15 yards broadside of my stand. The big buck movement was mostly done under the cover of darkness this past week. We had unseasonably warm temps. Saturday I did get to see a big buck I havent seen since I trail camera'd him this summer. I was stoked to see him alive and using a big ridgeline mountain top to travel on. I was hiking into a ground blind of mine when I bumped into him. He was heading down the mountain towardsseveral doe familys below. I could have killed him easily with a rifle and it was rifle season but I was packing my bow. I already killed a buck 4.5 or 5.5 year old 5x5 140 class...with my rifle a week ago so I am bowhunting only with mysecondwhitetailtag.

I will be hard after a good buck all of Dec. Good Job so far guys and best of luck to all the guys on this team the rest of the season.

OBTW, Moms surgery is Thursday, thanks guys for your thoughts and prayers. Much appreciated.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

heres that buck I shot rifle huntin'

Old 12-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

here is the buck I call "hoss" that I finally saw Sat.. bumped into him.. anyway, I really hope to get a crack at him in this late archery season, I will work hard at it. its just me, him and a big arse mountain.. LOL
Old 12-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the rifle kill Troy. Best wishes again with your mom. Other than that, I wont open my mouth about Mr. Hoss because it seems whenever I do, well... you know.

-Heu
Old 12-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Typical Buck

Nice buck there Troy - best of luck with Hoss! - You know you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Will be sending a few extras this week!

Mike

Quick Reply: Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.