Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23) >

Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Old 12-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Ihad beenwondering why you settled for a 160 class buck[&:]
Old 12-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hahaha, wouldn't that be nice to be able to settle for a 160 inch buck!

Well, I hunted all weekend .. nice and cold, temps running around 5 to -5 .. winds pretty bad dropping the wind chill down to about -25, really banking and swirling with the fronts moving in. Had to really search hard for a spot to set up in... Saw 4 does total all weekend, didnt see abuck anddid a lot of mid day scouting covering ground looking for a goodbuck track ... Found the one big hoofed feller I saw about a week ago. Same ridgeline headed down hill, He moved on me well after dark as his tracks cut my path on my way out from the previous evening, I cut hiswhen I returned the next morning. Taking mom to the doc tomorrow so no hunting after work but will be back in a stand hopefully Tuesday.

Good luck guys!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's pretty funny Greg. I am sure we will put at least one more down. Now that I have my first whitetail out of the way I will hunt the big boys. I just hope I can find them! Good luck to all of you.

And I have to say it sure has been fun this year. It's been a pleasure!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys I'm stillat it, I havn't thrown in the towel, not until Dec 31st. I am off the next three days, and I'm going every day. I'm still holding out for Mr Big. It sure would be nice if we put 1 or 2 more on the board. I guess settling for a 160 would be a drag but I guess I could do it. lolIt is starting to get a little cold out.
Well good luck to those of us that don't have one on the board yet and are still able to hunt, and to those who are already on the board I tip my hat, great job.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys still here just havent hunted much at all this year but it still isnt over, will be hunting 2 days over christmas so hopefully i will score on a buck for us. sorry i havent been on here much at all been working a lot the last few weeks, but did get to go back home for thanksgiving and scored on a decent 8 point in rifle season. just to bad it was with a rifle. good luck to all who is still out there givin em hell.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

OMG there were so many deer in my yard yesterday! My mouth was watering! All does and fawns, but they were nice to look at!
Old 12-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shed - good to hear things are going well with your mom. I haven't had much internet time here lately.....

For everyone still trying to tag out I wish ya the best of luck. I know if I had tag I don't know if I would have been sitting yet.....It finally got above 0 here the last 2 days, first time in a few weeks, been a real cold front coming thru and they are talking 40 below wind chills for the weekend and a few more inches of snow.....
Old 12-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Merry Christmas Team DoD!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, back from ND as of Sunday.. Had a great time, probably the best week of whitetail hunting I have ever experienced in regards to hanging out with a great Guy ... TJF (Tim) and his family and seeing lots of deer. I had 8 or 9 bucks with in 20 yards but all young ones, at least 30 does in doe range during the week and then on the one big boy I had in close that I got a shot at,something went wrong, long story short either my rest was frozen or my arrow wasnt on my prong(an original trophy taker fall away)or I hit a cain grass shoot when I released, there was a loud crack...... I still dont know what happened to be honest, but my arrow flew off out of sight at the sound of a loud crack when I released the arrow on a dandy 5x5.. 140 plus class buck.. I ended up killing a doe on my last evenings hunt.. I am at work right now and will post some pix and recap in the forums later.. Sorry I wasnt able to get the big boy killed, like I said I still dont know what happened on that shot.. never could find my arrow nor did I see it fly it just disappeared on release and that buck blew out of there like a race horse....( I always see my arrow fly its really got me miffed) I hunted in temps from 12 above (the highest) and -45 below windchill the coldest all week... hiked in and out of snow about 1 to 2.5 feet.. Justsome awesome extreme bowhunting from the ground and a few stands.. Saw more deer in a week than I see in two seasons in IDAHO! LOL and Tim and I were worn out by the 7th day.. But we had a great time, we'd hunt all morning, scout mid day and hunt the evenings..

It was great being on everyones team here this season, congrats to you guys again on the great bucks you killed.. Hope you and your familys all had great holidays..

Troy
Old 01-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Troy Nice to hear from you bro. It sounds like a hunt that you will not forget! That is what counts! I too hope everyone's Holiday was great. The only thing that would have made mine better would have been to be back home in Idaho with my Family, that is the downside to the Military... Maybe next year!

I am sure proud of our team this year.. A top five finish is good in my books! It would have been cool to beat the DH's though.

Quick Reply: Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.