Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21) >

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 10-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Back from the Buckeye State, unfortunately no deer.

We seen so many on the way into our stands in the fields but when we got in the stands...nothing but silence. Kinda confusing but oh well.

This weekend is muzzleloader so, maybe I can get my first buck with the ol' smokepole
Old 10-13-2008, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you in Ohio Jenna. That's how it goes sometimes. I hope you get a crack at a good one with your muzzleloader.

I didn't get to go all weekend, I ended up working. I'll be able to go a little this week, but this coming weekend I'll be out of town on business.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I had an exciting weekend! It started Saturday morning, about 20 mins. before legal light I had a large buck standing broadside at 20 yards for at least 5 mins. I could make out a wide rack, but it was too dark to get a good read of what he was sporting. He walked off, and at 2 mins to leagal light, another big bodied buck walked up tothe same spot as the first one, he stood ther past the start of "legal light", but it was still too dark to make out what was on his head, so I let him walk. Saw nothing else that morning.

In the P.M., I went out with my daughter, and did not hunt myself, but we saw nothing that evening.

Sunday, I triead a stand that is along a cornfield, and a parade of does coming by for about 20 mins, when the last of the line was coming thru, I took a nice healthy doe, she dressed out at 110#.

Monday I had off from work, so I tried a new stand, and 5 mins after getting settled in i had a doe under my stand. I then had a few does moving down a trail 25 yards from my stand. A few mins. later, A small buck was chasing a doe 15 yards from me, when they were spooked by something, the something was a nice wide 8 point with verytall brow tines. Well, I wont go into all the details, but I screwed the pooch big time, and he is alive and well and chasing does as we speak.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Good luck to all.

Rick
Old 10-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds like a heck of a weekend Rick! Congrats on the doe. I hope you connect on one of those bucks. It has to make you feel good that you saw some shooters this early in the season. I hope you connect on one.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like an awesome hunt.

After two weeks of not being able to get out, I'm heading out Friday after work for the weekend. Any of you guys here in the Mid-West have an update on the persimmons? I've got a stand set up close to one and wonder if they've all dropped yet.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Jenna - sorry to hear about OH - keep after them, your time is growing near!

Rick - sounds like a great weekend! - sorry things went wrong! - best of luck this weekend.

wallhangr - best of luck this weekend - We do not have any persimmons around here - not sure?

Stay after them everyone - and stay safe!!!

M
Old 10-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe!

Persimmons- I have my stand next to one and they havent fell yet to my knowledge, I will look this weekend again.

Good luck this weekend wallhangr...get us on the board!!!!! lol
Old 10-16-2008, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

We finally got a break in the weather! It cooled off last night and our high today is supposed to be 62 degrees. By this weekend we are looking at overnight lows in the upper 30's and daytime highs in the upper 50's/low 60's. Unfortunately, I will be out of town on business this weekend, but look out when I get back. I am going to try to sneak out once before I leave.

wallhangr-I hope you have some luck this weekend! Lord knows the team could use some points.

As far as the persimmons go, I'll have to check if they have dropped here the next time I'm out. I have to walk by a few persimmon trees on the way to one of my stands.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinking they should be dropping. We're getting that same cold front (starting today) and looks like a frost Sat am. As soon as I can get out of here tomorrow, I'm G- O - N - E !

My huntin' bud is finally going with to repair a couple of his stands. I've been trying to get him up there for a couple months to help him, but he may be on his own with these temps! I'll be on stand somewhereall day.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Just checking in, glad to see there are some deer on the ground! Just got back from fishing up in Sask. Canada and had a ball, drove through so much nice country I'd love to have a stand in up there!
Waiting for the pre rut to heat up, have some good ones on camera so we'll see what happens!

Good luck to you all

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.