Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21) >

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 10-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

wallhangr-That sounds miserable! My buddy and I had a morning like that about 10 yrs. ago while turkey hunting. We slid into a river bottom to set up on some birds that had given us the slip the morning prior. When we got set up the skeeters were so bad that there was a "cloud" between us so thick we truly could barely see each other. We didn't last 15 min. before running for the truck.

I hunted this afternoon at the new spot I just picked up. I had 3 does and 2 small bucks come in on me at about 5:30. The does got to within 10 yds. but managed to stay behind the only branch keeping me from shooting. I could have shot either buck, but the largest one was only a 90"-100" 8pt. I will probably put my son in that spot pretty soon and he will hopefully shoot one of them for his first buck. I'm heading out again in the morning, hopefully something will show.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear that the deer are moving where you are. Its been dead here because of the high Temps. I am gonna hunt tomorrow morning cuz Im off work and I am hoping something gives me an opportunity.

Then its off to Ohio for the weekend, so I will be back late Sunday night. Kill some biggens while I am gone!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: KYDeerHunter03

Awesome doe! I love those short hair hides. If you shoot another....mail me one! lol
Not a problem, if you are serious I can do that.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: craitchky

ORIGINAL: KYDeerHunter03

Awesome doe! I love those short hair hides. If you shoot another....mail me one! lol
Not a problem, if you are serious I can do that.
I am serious. Just dont know how much it would be, or how to ship a raw hide.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had another entertaining hunt this morning but unfortunately I didn't release an arrow. I saw a total of 6 deer. I had one spike that insisted on feeding around me for over 20 min. I had a doe and a fawn come in around 8:30 and they were quite amusing. The fawn was literally running around, jumping and playing like a puppy. They never got closer than 35 yds. so I was content to just watch them. I may try again this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow guys I have missed alot....I can't remember everything I wanted to say now that i have caught up on the reading....

I had an eventful week at our place in West Texas but no score for you guys yet, I did see one real promising deer in the 130's but he will need another year before I can take him. I saw several does but they all seemed to have spotted fawns, I was thinking it is kinda late for that but then again our season started a week earlier than normal this year. I also saw a couple exotics but not the ones I am after, all the animals were slow moving but it was still in the 90's during the day. I have also spent a few days on our East Texas place buty it has been strictly working as the hurricane messed it up pretty good....Thanks IKE!!!
Anyway guys I will be bailing hay this weekend and heading back out West come Monday (the temps are supposed to be highs in the 70's lows in the 40'sso maybe there will be some better deer moving), so you guys hunting this weekend .....Best of luck to you !!!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck this weekend to everyone, I'm heading to IL but unfortunately only to visit.

Wish I was hunting Brett, I'll be in Knox County for the weekend. [:@]One of these years I'm going to fork out the $$ to hunt up there.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wallhangr

Good Luck this weekend to everyone, I'm heading to IL but unfortunately only to visit.

Wish I was hunting Brett, I'll be in Knox County for the weekend. [:@]One of these years I'm going to fork out the $$ to hunt up there.
If you ever decide to take the plunge and spend the money on a non-resident license/permit then I would be happy to take you hunting on our lease. Where are you headed in Knox county? My Dad used to live in Galesburg.

Good luck in Ohio Jenna. I hope you connect on a bruiser.

Yesterday afternoon was pretty uneventful. I had a doe and fawn come in out of range followed shortly by another spike. I can't remember a year where I have seen as many or more spikes than this year. I won't be out again until Sunday.

Good luck to all of you who are hunting this weekend. Hopefully one of us will connect.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brett- Sounds great. Maybe next year. I'll be about 17 miles away from Galesburg inMaquon. Heading north in about 4 hours.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Hey everyone - I am heading out for the weekend - no hunting, just working[:@]

Best of luck to everyone this weekend!!

M

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.