Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17) >

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Community

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Old 08-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team 17 thread

Martin archery has called and said that all team members of team 17 have to pay everyone in the contest $5.00 EACH time they visit this thread and post for the use of their picture.

LMAO Very nice avatar.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Jim...we have worked hard on being original and being controversial at the sametime. I think we accomplished that goal.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

i think we offically have the best avatar of this contest.. i love it....... well i hung a stand checked some cams today... had a lil 8pt on cam then wouldnt ya know it 15 minutes later im staring eye to eye with him an his buddy 20 yards away from me.... i offically have a rob buck... 4 on one side an a 12 inch spike on the other.. it goes strait up... strait as an arrow.. id hate to fight that guy in a couple months... both are still to small to shoot but there nice bucks for my area... be hard to pass up being its the biggest deer i have pics of or seen so far... hope everyone else is seeing deer..
Old 08-31-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

hcb... that is a nice lookin bow for a mathews!![:'(]...lol......j/k...
Old 08-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL...Dave I should have some new pics of it in a week or so when I get my strings on. Should look pretty sweet...and shoot pretty sweet. The only thing left will be getting the right buck infront of me to use it.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

sadly this is the biggest buck i have pics of this year or know of running around.. i dont really wanna shoot him but i know if i dont someone else will around here

Old 08-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats the buck i was nose to nose with 2day about 18 yads apart
Old 08-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

another

Old 08-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have mainly kept my trail cameras close to home and not fully utilized them this season. I have a buddy who has a camera and I hunt his property a lot, and he's gotten a lot of pics of bucks. A nice 8...and a dandy 9. A lot of small bucks as well. So I will probaly hit WV opener there. The only time I get to camera Ohio is when I'm there hunting...too far to drive to monitor camera's, and my uncle isn't in the right health to do it.

I have several places here that I hunt, and in bow season I am pretty much the only one hunting..but it's still hot here and people are atv riding a lot and I'm just afraid to leave the camera out on that land at this time. So while I love checking the camera...I have to be careful with them. I had one stolen last year.

But it's basically September now, and in a week or so I'll be able to move the camera's to real property and get the scouting use out of them. Just alittle early yet...but don't take it like I don't have property to hunt...because I got an abundance of that, and on one property I know what to expect when I get the camera out.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang that sounded like I hunt where thugs and thieves thrive. LOL. So let me see if I can explain this better:

One place I hunt, I rarely use the camera. It's 900acres along the interstate....tons of atv paths, and a lot of people ride there in summer...mostly just one corner covering about 100acres. It takes me 15-20min to get there, but the atv paths have grown up and I hate to disturb the area before archery opener. The land owner does let anyone and everyone hunt, but archery is basically just me and the wife. I also get to hunt Sunday here.

Another place, some family friends own 40-50acres and it's a great place to hunt. We took a nice buck off that property last muzzleloader season. Last year was the first time we had the opportunity to hunt, and we skipped archery there because we thought it wasn't much to hunt...big mistake. LOL. I can put my camera there now, and may do that tomorrow instead of next weekend like planned. I can get there in 5min.

Third place, my buddy hunts a nice track of land boardering his property(1 acre). He is not much of a hunter and I'm trying to help him along. Last year he got his first bow, Bowtech Tomkat. This year he will get to hunt and I want to help him when I can. He is the friend with the pics in his backyard at his apple trees of the 9, 8, and several smaller bucks. The land boardering his we hunt each year a time or two, and while I haven't ever taken a buck from there, I have always taken a doe or two. Basically we always drive that land durning doe season for fun with several friends and family members. But last year we got a lot of buck sign durning our doe hunt, and when my buddy got a camera for christmas he got pictures of two nice 8pts in Jan. So this year we are going to capitalize on that land, and it's perfect for archery hunting.

Fourth place...Ohio....Muskingum County....enough said!

On top of those four places I have 5-8 more properties that we hunt or can hunt, and they all have potential. Those properties include a huge public hunting land area....a place where we have taken several nice deer in gun season over the years...and several small tracks of land that have a lot of deer in general. So basically I have the places to go, and the only reason I haven't been getting the most out of the trail cameras is because it's still hot...and the my deer hunting adrenaline hasn't started pumping yet. But with all the stuff I been buying I feel it's time to get serious.

Plus how can you get serious when we had to work so hard for our avatar and team name. [&:]

Quick Reply: Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.