Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Offical Team The Underdogs Thread (22) >

Offical Team The Underdogs Thread (22)

Community

Offical Team The Underdogs Thread (22)

Old 09-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 22 Offical Thread

I am still waiting to see a 140 class buck on the hoof from my tree stand!!! Maybe this year....
Old 09-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Well our season opened over the weekend. Saw lots of deer but no shooters....yet.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Rodgers, whats the status on Hercules? Havnt heard much from you about him lately....
Old 10-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

No which is fine for now, as I havent been out since the beginning of Sept so Im hoping hes just loafing around in his corny grassy house staying out of everyones sight.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well had a small basket buck come by at 50 yards tonight and then a nice 9 point went through the same area. Next weekend is muzzleloader season so I will putting away the bow for 2 weekends to try to get one tag filled with a small buck so I can be picky and go after Hercules with my bow. Hows everyone else been doing that has been out?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw 5 doe tonight, 1 mom and 2 young ones. and 1 mom with a very little one, it still has spots, a lot of them. Saw one small buck on Sat. the opener here in Pa. Still dark and 50 yds away from the nephews stand site.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

1st night out finally! WOWZERS! I put a post up regarding the hunt. It was quite a night. I just gotta say the buck I saw tonight made those 8 pointer pix look like basket racks! I am now shooting for one of the 3 biggest deer I have ever seen! 12+ points huge G2's, huge brow tines and very heavy mass. This guy has been getting his minerals for sure. I'm no expert at scoring but I have seen 150 class bucks and this one is every bit that big!!!I was totally amazed and a total surprise for sure! More to follow!!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I will have deer sticks to eat for awhile now. More good news, I get to be picky as hell during the rest of the archery season and go after 1 buck. The bad news is that I might not get a deer for the archery contest but if I do it will be a monster.

If you havent figured it out I just shot a deer with my muzzleloader. Nothing special, a little basket 8 but he will taste good.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just returned from this season's Archery moose hunt ,I would like to say we were successful ,but unfortunately we didn't bring a moose home with us ,we had some good chance's and the weather wasn't very cooperative ,with rain and snow pretty much every day we hunted . I called a large bull out to my friend and he wasn't comfortable with a 60yrd shot ,so he returned to the wood's unscathed,next season I guess.
I have been out 2 time's since I returned home seeing deer on each occassion , but nothing close enough to get a shot on . The farm's I hunt have just cropped out the bean's and plowed up the other field that they had killed off ,so when I scouted it this morning ,it look's like the deer are becoming a little more active ,so hopefully this week I'll be out Wedand Thurs . Good luck everyone

nubo
Old 10-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen nothing in the last couple sits. I am heading out to my other locations over the next couple days to check them out.

Quick Reply: Offical Team The Underdogs Thread (22)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.